Author Topic: Deserted Island TV Show Draft  (Read 83642 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Deserted Island TV Show Draft
« on: April 21, 2009, 05:22:03 PM »
The Goal: Pick the best assortment of TV Shows to have with you on a deserted island for the rest of your life.

Draft order

• Perspective
  • axon
  • PJYelton
  • charlie
  • KnuckleBuckett
  • Phil
  • kermi3
  • micah
  • ober

Playoff Seeds

• ober
  • PJYelton
  • axon
  • kermi3
  • Perspective
  • micah
  • charlie
  • KnuckleBuckett
  • Phil

Draft results by round
Draft results by person

Official Rules (Important rules in red.)

Participation

• All participants will declare their desire to participate by saying so explicitly in a comment in this thread.
  • The draft order has been set and is displayed above.
  • I know some people might be interested who didn't mention it in the other thread. So anybody who asks to join the draft after it has begun can do so but must wait at least one full round before they can start choosing. Please feel free to join if we just started but you didn't sign up yet.

Selection Rules

• The premise is that you're by yourself on a deserted island but with plenty of food and drink and the best HDTV and sound system setup imaginable on which to watch your TV shows and keep you company. (You also have a magic satellite dish that has any TV show ever made On Demand.)
  • You can pick any show made for television that airs multiple separate episodes. This includes your typical episodic television, mini-series, reality TV shows, talk shows, game shows, etc. This does not include made-for-TV movies or one time specials.
  • Once a TV show is selected, the entire series is selected. This includes episodes that have not yet aired. You cannot pick individual seasons or eras for a show.
  • Determining whether two shows are the same series will be done on a case by case basis. Some shows change their names and a character or two but are still the same show. In other cases, the show has the same name but is a different series. A good way to check is if the two shows have separate pages on IMDB. In fact, I think I'll make that the default standard and you can argue cases that you think are wrong.
  • Rule examples:
    Example: Valerie and The Hogan Family are the same show. If I pick Valerie then you cannot pick the Hogan Family.
    Example: Saved By The Bell and Saved By The Bell: The College Years are different shows. If I pick Saved By The Bell: The College Years, you can still pick Saved By The Bell.
    Example: Stolen From the Heart is a made for TV movie and cannot be selected.
    Example: Live Earth was a one-time concert special and is not eligible for this draft.
  • Please PM me if you have a specific question about a show as to whether it is eligible.
  • Posting a link to imdb and an image from the show would be helpful (but is not required). Please make sure you do post enough information for me to find and verify the exact show you are picking.

Draft Specifics

• The draft order will be determined by random draw via http://www.randomizer.org/form.htm. I promise I won't cheat.
  • The draft will be a snake draft, meaning that whoever has the last pick in one round will have the first pick in the next. For example, if we have six people they will pick like this: 1-2-3-4-5-6-6-5-4-3-2-1-1-2-3...
  • There will be 12 rounds, meaning everybody gets 12 picks. This is open for discussion.
  • Each person will have 24 hours to make their pick. However, Saturday and Sunday don't count (although you can still pick on the weekends if it is your turn). The 24 hours starts after the previous person's pick or after the previous person's 24 hours expires (whichever comes first).
  • Simply posting the name of your selection in this thread is enough to count it as being selected.
  • If your turn is approaching and you know you will be away from the internet, you can PM your selection to me or the person scheduled to pick after you. You can also simply announce that you will be away and that your 24 hours can be skipped as a courtesy.
  • If your turn has been skipped, you may at any time make your pick for that turn. However, you cannot pick a movie who has already been selected after your turn was skipped. If somebody else picked your movie then you are out of luck.

Judging

• When the draft is complete, we will have a tournament style playoff of all lists. ES members will be allowed to vote in each round of the playoffs.
  • The draft participants will be seeded according to another run of the randomizer that created the draft order. Some people will likely end up with a bye in the first round based simply on the luck of the draw.
  • You will have until a few days after the draft to make up any missed picks. Anybody with more missed selections than actual selections will not be eligible for the tournament.

Let me know if you have suggestions for rule additions, deletions or alterations.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 03:28:11 AM by charlie »

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Official Picks by Round
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 05:22:43 PM »
Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

Round 8

Round 9

Round 10

Round 11

Round 12

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 05:31:28 PM by charlie »

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Official Picks by Picker
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 05:23:14 PM »
Perspective

axon

PJYelton

charlie

KnuckleBuckett

Phil

kermi3

micah

ober

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 05:32:20 PM by charlie »

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Deserted Island TV Show Draft
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 05:26:47 PM »
Ok folks... sorry this was a little late. I was a bit busy.

Please read over the rules and ask questions. The draft order will be set tomorrow and hopefully the first player will be on the clock sometime tomorrow afternoon or so.

I decided on 12 rounds and I ruled out movies and one time TV events. Let me know if you disagree.

And if you want to play but aren't on the list... tell me now, we'd love to have you! :)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 08:37:51 PM »
Thanks charlie.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 09:07:29 PM »
Charlie your hard work is much appreciated.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 10:02:23 PM »
Charlie your hard work is much appreciated.
:+1:

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 04:01:38 PM »
Okee doke! The draft order has been set. The missus isn't feeling well today so I probably won't have updated pick lists for a bit, but I'm sure you all can figure it out. :)

Perspective is on the clock!!

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 04:55:42 PM »
nice...come on perspective!!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 06:51:07 PM »

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 06:51:20 PM »
game's over, I win. :p

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 09:11:55 PM »
Oh jeez... I just realized I better start thinking about what I want to pick.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 09:31:34 PM »
Oh jeez... I just realized I better start thinking about what I want to pick.

Yeah, it sort of caught me by surprise too.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 09:45:52 PM »
I swear when I looked at this earlier today I was number two, not eight... did you re-randomize it or am I just crazy?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 09:49:30 PM »
The order before was the order we signed up... before I did any randomization. The order above is the draft order after I ran the randomizer three times until I liked what came out. (Just kidding in case it wasn't obvious... I ran it once.)