Author Topic: ATI radeon EAX 550 with X300 chipset... is this possible  (Read 3004 times)

Micko

• Veseli Bosanac
  • Jackass II
ATI radeon EAX 550 with X300 chipset... is this possible
« on: December 11, 2005, 08:34:52 AM »
Hello friends.
I hope you'll be able to help me.
Recently, I have bought a new computer. I requested configuration and I got computer with sticker at the back of chasis. In case of opening warranty void. So I cannot open it to see what are the components inside. I paid for the following graphic card:
ATI radeon EAX550 and in device manager I can see basic info just like on picture.
However, I have installed SiSoft Sandra and noticed that this card has X300 chipset, just like in seconfd picture.
Is this possible?
Maybe dealer tried to fool me...
How can be sure that I have the right graphic card without opening computer?
Thanks

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 12:05:08 PM »
I'm not sure I understand your confusion.  The model number and chipset don't have anything to do with one another.  From everything I see, the card is what you requested.

Micko

• Veseli Bosanac
  • Jackass II
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 12:37:07 PM »
Quote from: ober
I'm not sure I understand your confusion.  The model number and chipset don't have anything to do with one another.  From everything I see, the card is what you requested.

Thanks for repling ober. I thought that EAX550 card should have x550 chipset, and EAX300 card should have x300 chipset, but I was wrong...