Author Topic: Touch Nook (e-ink)  (Read 1199 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Touch Nook (e-ink)
« on: June 27, 2011, 02:43:55 PM »
Just picked one up for my girlfriend as a sort of anniversary present. She was quite surprised. So far she's been loving the thing. She likes the e-ink display and has already been putting it through the paces. I think they're pretty cute and might even try to borrow it from her sometimes to actually read a regular book (maybe). She's very excited to bring it on her trip with her later this year and it's been very easy for her to figure everything out.

So far it gets a big thumbs up recommendation from me. I'm going to try and purchase a book online and sideload it to see how it handles other peoples' purchases but it says it just checks the CC # and it should work, which would be nice since for the most part she'll be the one buying most of the books and the ones I buy which probably be better viewed on my iPad or whatever tablet I get next.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Re: Touch Nook (e-ink)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 04:13:18 PM »
Looks similar to my Sony touch, but cheaper dammit!

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »
I want it!
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 11:36:39 AM »
She's been reading on it almost non-stop. She says she's way happier with it than she thought she would be. She says it's better than reading regular books and has no problem reading for long periods of time with it (it's super light). She likes being able to hold it in one hand too and doesn't miss flipping pages at all. When I came home last night, she was out on the front steps reading. I think she understands my gadget love all of the sudden.
This signature intentionally left blank.