Technical & Scientific > Software

iPad/iPhone controls

(1/2) > >>

ober:
My kids are getting to the age that my wife and I are worried about what they are accessing on their devices.  Is anyone familiar with apps that will allow me to monitor what they're doing?  I don't care so much about setting 'times' for them as I care about limiting web access and things like that.

We have all iOS devices (2 ipads and they each have old iphone).

kermi3:
I think it would have to be at the OS level.  iOS doesn't really let apps control other apps.  I haven't used them, but it looks like there are some restrictions built into the OS.  I'd be curious what your experience is with them:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304

All that said - I think open dialogue with the kids is also super important - if they want to see it, they're gonna see it etc.

ober:
Open dialogue is important and we do that.  Trust me, the things we've talked about recently with them.... ugh... sometimes adulting is hard.  I glanced at some of the controls in iOS but didn't dig into them too much.

Mike:
Given their ages make sure you enable the setting that requires the password for EVERY purchase.  Don't do the setting that disables the check for a period of time.

charlie:
Ha ha.

"Hey Dad! I'd like to get this free learning app. Can you put in your password so it'll download?"

I actually am setting up children's apple ids for my kids. They can use iMessage, and when they want to get any app it sends a request to my phone and my wife's that we have to approve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version