Author Topic: Blackberry Curve  (Read 13044 times)

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
Re: Blackberry Curve
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 01:41:14 PM »
>>They are changing the backbone of the website that's why its been slow<<

well they need to hurry up - its my only source of enjoyment while i'm at work bored.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 03:00:34 PM »
So I can upgrade that even if it's a Verizon phone... it won't void my contract or any stupid shit like that?

Nevermind... found the upgrade on VZ.com.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 03:08:12 PM by ober »

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 03:52:11 PM »
An upgrade from vz is pointless as they restrict their os. Get it from bbf as drakk said.

And no it has nothing to do with your carrier, you are simply using the features of the phone you are not stealing service
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 04:18:59 PM »
I don't get why they would restrict the OS though... that's fuckin stupid.

And tell me this: all I want to do is check email, surf the web, and do txt msging and stuff.  I don't care about video and I'm not paying an extra $10/mo. for GPS.  Do I still need to upgrade it?  What else does it give you?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 04:27:59 PM »
They restrict it becauhey are vzw. They have been sued multiple times and still do it.

The upgrade gives a faster phone, better browser, improved documents to go, and better battery life as well.

And you can get the telenav for free. I have that and google maps and I use gm a lot more. Everything but turn by turn
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 08:10:07 PM »
how do you get the telenav for free?  And what exactly does it give you if you don't get the turn by turn?  I guess google maps would work fine, combined with the ability to search for an address of a place I want to go.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 08:23:27 PM »
Google maps does everything but turn by tuen, but gives you a ton of info and great directions. Telenav does everything.

I got telenav off BT I think, just need to find the app. Fyi if you don't have the data plan on the phone using anything gps is a bad idea

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 08:26:27 PM »
It may have been ringerpost they have a lot of software for download also.

I would suggest "berryacode" which is free. That makes the phone list city and state under the phone number everytime someone calls not in your contacts.

Cheez just got a curve I think

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 11:09:00 PM »
Fyi if you don't have the data plan on the phone using anything gps is a bad idea
Which data plan and why is it a bad idea?  Just because of the cost you would incur?  I'm planning on getting their basic data plan ($30/mo).

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 11:31:03 PM »
The gps programs use data so without a data package it adds up. Mine is the 30 add on with att which is unlimited. I got it comped so I pay 99.99/mo for unl everything.

Hey drakk u know of a good aim, msn, or aim/msn program other then OZ or whatever its called? Its slower then fuck and locks the phone when its coming back up I can't stand it

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 06:26:18 AM »
Nope - I'll have a look around - I haven't used AIM/MSN or other messaging program in a while.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 08:35:24 AM »
All I'm finding is oz. They can I'm to my phone like a txt but aims quirky and it doesn't always wprk.

The prob with oz is say I'm typing a text por something it will say "new I'm from....open/cancel".

If I hit open it takes almost a minute and the phone is locked for it. And if they sent me ims while I wait the software goes ape shit

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 08:52:54 AM »
Do any of you guys use it for music?  I'm basically hoping to use it as an MP3 player as well.

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 08:55:38 AM »
I have music on my Pearl - but rarely do I use it as an MP3 player.

If you plan on putting music, you'll be limited by the size of the memory you put into it.

When I do play music on my Pearl - it seems to drain the battery faster - but that may cuz it's about 2 years old and the battery isn't all that great anymore.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 09:06:41 AM »
You will need a micro sd (up to 4gb) card. I got a 4gb for 10.00 on tigerdirect.

It works great for music but it does drain a lot faster. If your sitting at a pc just jack the phone in and u will be fine.

Battery life compared to other phones is great though. Right now I'm doing all my surfing, aim/msn, text, phone, music, etc all with my curve. I get up around now with a full battery and I plug it in around noon for an hour then I'm good till like 7ish. For an unemployed guy I use it a lot so that's fucking good.