Author Topic: Talk to me about the Storm  (Read 10433 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Talk to me about the Storm
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 11:57:13 AM »
What about the Motorola Droid?  Gets pretty decent press thus far versus (like anything else) the other non-iPhone smart phones.  Is the Palm Pre or anything utilizing the Android OS in the running?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 12:15:20 PM »
The Droid isn't out for another week and will probably be out of the price range I want to pay.  The Pre is a Sprint only phone.

I'm not sure what other phones are running Android and I really don't know that much about it.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 12:18:20 PM »
Battery pulls are all blackberries, but there are tricks to setting them up to avoid it. VZW gives you like 30 days on any upgrade so it cant hurt to try it. If you need any help getting it set up let me know. I havent had mine since they launched but im sure i havent forgotten anything.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 12:19:10 PM »
And i would love to have an iphone over my curve, but it could never hold up to me.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »
Obes.  I emailed you some info on the Motorola.  It would have been inconvenient do try to post it in an ES thread.

Check your dt email.

I included this from Tom's today.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Best-Buy-Motorola-Droid-Smartphone,news-4988.html

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 12:37:18 PM »
Didn't get any email yet.  Are you sure you got the email addy right?  Either way $200 is out of my price range when I can get the Storm for $50.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 02:50:21 PM »
Go Android baby! It's worth the extra money for the extra stuff you'll be able to do with it. And over the lifetime of the phone you're only talking a few extra bucks. I'd move back to Verizon if my work didn't pay for my iPhone, but I'd probably try and hold out for the HTC Desire. I think my brother might get a Droid though, he likes the keypad, coming from enV's. I'm tired of my iPhone and lusting an Android now. My (sort of) girlfriend has a MyTouch and I like playing around with it.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 03:07:03 PM »
I want an iphone, but i drop my phone 2-5 times a day and it holds up, iphones cant handle that. i have to replace the trackball rings like twice a month but thats it

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 03:39:50 PM »
Ooo. Looks like the Eris (HTC Desire) might also be released on the Droid date (Nov 6). Not sure how much, but I read somewhere it might be $99.
This signature intentionally left blank.

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »
Don't think the Storm 2 is coming out until Holiday season.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 04:53:29 PM »
According to Verizon's site, you can buy the Storm 2 now.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 05:34:15 PM »
Just came out.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 11:06:08 PM »
My uncle has the Storm 1.  He hates it.  too much effort to quit apps and get back to another screen, and it senses button pushes when he holds it on to his cheek while talking.  My Friend has one though and loves it :shrug:
It was a love/hate relationship with my Storm.

I loved to hate it.

I kept dropping calls, my applications kept freezing and locking my phone and the only way to fix it was to do a battery-pull (BB version of a reboot).

It got to the point that my storm would freeze at least once a day and I usually wound up throwing it out of frustration.

I am glad to report that I got rid of that piece of shit phone and have an iPhone and LOVE IT.

yes, yes, and yes. I agree with all those except that I ahve to keep mine because it is through work.....
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2009, 10:21:24 PM »
So after a lot of research and thought, I don't like the apps and options on a lot of Verizon's phones... plus getting a phone like the Droid will combine a lot of things that I might have to buy separate.  So I think I'm going to wait until the end of the week and buy her the Droid.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 12:31:13 AM »
The droid does look pretty bad ass. I'm loving the idont commercials