Author Topic: Brewing Beer  (Read 2543 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Brewing Beer
« on: November 14, 2011, 11:44:19 AM »
So I finally stopped by the local brew supply store and pickup up my brew kit. I need to go back this week cause they were out of the size cook pot I wanted and then I'm going to pickup my ingredient kit and give it a shot this weekend I think.

My goal is to figure out a clone of my favorite, Hopslam. We'll see how this ends up. I'm going to start with their double IPA kit and see how it goes and then take a shot at one of the online recipes I found. After that I plan on working on all sorts of brews.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Brewing Beer
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 12:30:55 PM »
Sweet! Theres nothing like the experimental beer tasting process!
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 04:45:49 PM »
All grain or using their extracts?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 05:39:06 PM »
To start with probably extract. But eventually I'll plan to go all grain.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 09:18:38 PM »
My brewing buddies and I have been doing extract brewing. It's definitely a quick and easy way to make beer, but eventually I want to try all grain. I hear it's not (necessarily) too difficult but a lot more time-consuming.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 01:55:11 PM »
Oooo, I just tried a double black IPA from Odell Brewing (Mountain Standard) and it was very good. I might have to add that to my list of brews to mimic. Apparently they also have an IIPA that's supposed to be as good as Hopslam so I'm going to try and see if I can find some tonight. One of the stores nearby sells Odell so I figure they should have it. And the best part is it's full year so if it is as good that'd be awesome.

I'm really excited to start brewing this weekend.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 07:38:00 AM »
I haven't brewed in a long time, all my stuff is in storage :-( I do have some moonshine finishing this weekend though. Blueberry and apple :-D
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?