Author Topic: Pizza Challenge  (Read 4632 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Pizza Challenge
« on: March 13, 2009, 09:09:53 PM »
I'm going in with some buddies tomorrow. They better put up a good show. To me it looks like each person needs to each just over a large pizza. The rules say one meat and any other topping. So I'm thinking pepperoni and black olives. Better ideas? Maybe Canadian bacon?

http://nodtonothing.blogspot.com/2008/12/pizza.html

It should be fun. The guy that recruited me has another friend that's doing it too (with a different group). I called the place and they said we can both go at the same time. That should make things interesting.
This signature intentionally left blank.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Pizza Challenge
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 07:31:53 AM »
Pineapple.

look forward to your photos and posting on this challenge!

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 05:50:09 PM »
Ham & Green Peppers

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 06:29:23 PM »
FAILURE!

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 09:10:45 PM »
We tried, but our eyes were bigger than our stomachs.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 09:22:53 PM »
The pizza was good and it was a lot of fun to try it. I could've eaten a bit more after the time ran out but there wasn't really any reason to punish myself any further. While we were there, we learned they're going to be starting up a 30" cookie challenge. When the pizza was put down, it actually looked doable, we did pretty good in the first 10 minutes and even up to about 15 min we were still on pace. But time goes by quick and at the 20 min mark, things were starting to slow down. I kept going til the bitter end but it was pretty clear with 5 min left that we weren't going to make it.
I consider myself a bigger guy and able to put down quite a bit in a sitting, but just couldn't do this. Not sure if I'd try such a thing again. I'm still in a bit of discomfort. But I'm guessing it's sort of like a hangover; you say never again, but it just doesn't work that way.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 09:38:35 PM »
That looks like a pizza should look.  No FUCKING roll of useless dough around the edge, cut Chicago style (in squares), and the cheese looks just right.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 10:52:46 PM »
squares are for pussies
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 09:08:55 AM »
Moron.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 09:19:52 AM »
Homo.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 11:06:59 AM »
Here in Connecticut, it seems all we have are "Greek" style - with its thick chewy crust and "New Haven" style which is really thin crusted (and often burnt on purpose) with no real border to hold on to.

Both have their merits. I happen to like the chewy bubbly crust of the former but the latter generally tastes fresher (kind of hard to explain the perception)

In the end, I like a mix - there are a few decent places that make a good Neapolitan pizza. That's probably my favorite, it has enough crust to satisfy (and hold) but it still usually brick oven fired.

(see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza#Variations)

My wife and I just found a great place about 20 minutes away called Harry's Pizza.  They're currently a new favorite.

I have to disagree though about the stupid little squares.  Pizza should be cut like a pie.  6 to 12 wedge shaped slices (depending on the pizza's size).
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 11:16:48 AM »
Anyone who ever gets anywhere near the boardwalk in WildWood NJ should take the ride to Mack's pizza. THAT is pizza.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 12:54:00 PM »
Moron.

That pizza looks great. Also, soda pop doesn't help in challenges like that; carbonation really fills you up quick. Stick to water.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 04:47:06 PM »
The soda was used more after the competition. I drank very little during the eating as to leave the most amount of room for actual food. The root beer tasted pretty good after though.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 05:01:23 PM »
Your signature makes no sense.