Author Topic: Nice to find a groove  (Read 1763 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Nice to find a groove
« on: March 27, 2012, 10:05:58 PM »
So I've been developing a 'framework' if you can call it that over the years and I use it anytime a client needs a truly custom site.  It's so nice to finally be at a point where I have integrated some really good libraries (phpactiverecord, jquery) and my own methods within the framework.  It takes me so little time to do some pretty cool stuff now and it so much less error prone.  I just checked the error log on one of the sites and all of it is just my own error trapping messages based on bad user input. 

Anyways, just had to say that I feel comfortable and like I'm in a good groove with some solid tools for once instead of trying to hack shit together and wasting a bunch of time on stupid little stuff that used to take me HOURS.  :dblthumb2:

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Nice to find a groove
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:59:15 AM »
Good for you Ober. Developing templates (I think that is kind of what you did) is a pain in the ass but saves a ton of time after you actually start using them. I try to get my team's to create templates for any task which might be done more than once.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Nice to find a groove
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 11:53:21 AM »
nice! I have a half-built CMV framework with a simple ORM class that I've been working on but haven't implemented on any real projects yet. 

Although, over the last 2 years at work I've created a pretty sweet CMS system based on the Kohana framework that includes some really complex page and user management tools but still allows for completely custom built controllers when needed.  Most of our projects at work are setup on this now - its amazing how easy it is to put up a fully functional website without having to reinvent the wheel every time.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."