Author Topic: MySQL Connection issues  (Read 1742 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
MySQL Connection issues
« on: October 03, 2008, 08:40:01 PM »
Code is below....never seen this error before, quadruple checked the db info against the smf forum on the same db, everything is correct. This is the same db_connect script i always use with the user info modified.

Is it possible the method i am using is no compatible with the host? I never used this script with 1&1 before....

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Code: [Select]
<?php

$hostname 
"db1687.......net";
$database "db26......";
$username "dbo........";
$password_ASA "xxxxxx";
$establish mysql_connect($hostname$username$password) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR); 

if(
$establish==false){
    echo 
"failed to connect to database";
    exit();
}

?>

hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: MySQL Connection issues
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 10:11:24 PM »
Sounds like they don't have their mysql stuff setup right.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 10:12:43 PM »
Shocking.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 10:43:17 AM »
I'm just going to switch to a new host. A friend of mine is the technical manager for the myspace DC and he's going to hook me up with a dedicated server. Between the internal 500 errors i cant track and this i have to believe these issues are on the host and not me.