Author Topic: Carnigie Melon Prof's Last Lecture  (Read 4005 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Carnigie Melon Prof's Last Lecture
« on: September 22, 2007, 09:58:59 AM »
Great lecture from CMU CS Professor Randy Pausch.  Who is dying of cancer.  He's done a lot of work on VR, gaming, and teaching kids CS.  Absolutely inspireing.  I just sat and watched the whole hour and 45 min.  It's one of the best lectures I've ever heard...Google Video Link

Worth the time.

PS - Jen - did you get to have him?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Carnigie Melon Prof's Last Lecture
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 02:55:29 PM »
Good stuff.  I truly enjoyed it.  A LOT of supervision and management should apply these lessons.

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 05:17:06 PM »
Awsome. What a cool guy

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 05:22:50 PM »
In my entire stay here, I am not required to take one programming class.  So, no.  I'm sure some of my friends went to that lecture though.

Our university's lost a fair amount of pretty important professors in the past few months, but it's cool to see how much of an impact they have on education.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 10:22:48 AM »
He passed.
PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Randy Pausch, a Carnegie Mellon University computer scientist whose "last lecture" about facing terminal cancer became an Internet sensation and a best-selling book, has died. He was 47.

University spokeswoman Anne Watzman says Pausch died early Friday at his home in Virginia.

Pausch was diagnosed with incurable pancreatic cancer in September 2006. His popular last lecture at Carnegie Mellon in September 2007 garnered international attention and was viewed by millions on the Internet.

In it, Pausch celebrated living the life he had always dreamed of instead of concentrating on impending death.
The book "The Last Lecture, " written with Jeffrey Zaslow, topped best-seller lists after its publication in April.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 10:26:26 AM »
Way to go assholes, you killed him.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 11:38:55 AM »
And his webpage it appears

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 01:31:36 PM »
He passed.
PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Randy Pausch, a Carnegie Mellon University computer scientist whose "last lecture" about facing terminal cancer became an Internet sensation and a best-selling book, has died. He was 47.

University spokeswoman Anne Watzman says Pausch died early Friday at his home in Virginia.

Pausch was diagnosed with incurable pancreatic cancer in September 2006. His popular last lecture at Carnegie Mellon in September 2007 garnered international attention and was viewed by millions on the Internet.

In it, Pausch celebrated living the life he had always dreamed of instead of concentrating on impending death.
The book "The Last Lecture, " written with Jeffrey Zaslow, topped best-seller lists after its publication in April.

47 :(