Nothing & Everything > Open Discussion

Coronavirus COVID-19

<< < (2/104) > >>

Jake:
They covered it on the Daily today on NPR
https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5wb2R0cmFjLmNvbS96S3E2V1paTFRsYk0&episode=Z2lkOi8vYXJ0MTktZXBpc29kZS1sb2NhdG9yL1YwL2hMeGk2enVUdmt6NnpfSWlxVlhwZE5nSi1lR2k3LXltSVlPOHpJb09FZTg

hans:
My wife is starting to stock up on some non-perishables and water just in case. While I don't think it'll come to widespread panic stage, it's possible that it causes inconvenience and like Jake said, it's just a good idea in general.

Perspective:
I also stocked up on some non-perishables. If I end up not needing it I'll make a nice donation to the food bank.

charlie:
I mean, they are non-perishables.

jkim:
We have a whole bunch of nonperishables and frozen already in our pantry and freezer and just trying to maintain stock. Trying to avoid the supermarkets and the big stores on busy days though. They're complete madhouses.

The hospital I work at is implementing a bunch of measures to ensure patient and staff safety. We are NOT an emergency hospital and trying our hardest to avoid any unnecessary exposure. All hospital-sponsored travel to/from China, HK, Taiwan, SK, Italy, Iran, and Japan were suspended. Staff have been asked to notify management of ANY upcoming international travel. Personal travel to those areas may result in a quarantine upon return. All international patients from those areas have been postponed until further notice.

But on the ground, the response is the same as the flu. Practice respiratory and hand hygiene, get the flu vaccine, clean and disinfect surfaces frequently, and don't come to work sick.

I'm worried about the economic impact for small business in addition to the macro scale. I've definitely heard of 1st hand accounts of small dry cleaners, nail salons, liquor stores all losing business this past week. No one has been coming in, presumably because of the virus scare.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version