Author Topic: Travel Mugs  (Read 2973 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Travel Mugs
« on: May 02, 2016, 03:40:59 PM »
I've got a decent mug I use at my work but I've been without a good travel mug for a while now and finally decided I need to get one again. Something that fits nicely in a cup holder. So I decided to pick up a couple and try them out. The first one which I think will be the winner is a Zojirushi SM-YAE48. The other one is a Contigo Autoseal West Loop. Both 16oz. I'm going to test them against each other and see how they fair but it'll be nice to have something to travel with my own coffee again. I was hoping for something I could use underneath my Hario dripper and I'm pretty sure the zojirushi will work for that, not sure about the contigo but we'll see.
This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Travel Mugs
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 12:08:52 PM »
This is mine: http://www.amazon.com/Tervis-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Colossal-Individual/dp/B017ZA2MIA/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1462291652&sr=8-16&keywords=tervis+cup+steelers

I don't need it to fit under anything though.  Keeps it hot/cold for a while and fits in my car's cupholder... plus it displays my loyalty to the Steelers.  :)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Travel Mugs
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 11:56:04 AM »
The Zojirushi definitely outdoes the Contigo. They're both OK to use but the Conitgo loses temp much quicker than the Zoji. I ended up getting a second one for my wife. The Conitgo is cheaper but if you want to keep your drink hotter/colder longer my recommendation goes for the Zoji, especially if you're traveling.

I'd say the Contigo is good for a couple hours but starts to fall off pretty quickly.

The Zoji you could still drink your coffee in the afternoon and be happy with the temp. We actually had to leave the lid open for a bit to cool off the coffee to drink it but the best part was once you get to your drinkable temp you can close the lid and it'll stay there until you're done.
This signature intentionally left blank.