Author Topic: Streaming NFL deals  (Read 2440 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Streaming NFL deals
« on: September 09, 2022, 01:13:33 PM »
So one of my quests today was to find the best deal on the NFL season (reminder that I'm trying to see as many Steelers games as possible).  I looked at a lot of different options.  I was originally thinking NFL Sunday Ticket through Direct TV.  They have a stand alone option which is the only option that seemed reasonable.  Fuck satellites and you can't get it as part of the streaming package (WTF?).  But the stand alone option is ... also streaming.  Again, WTF.  I also had to lie and say I'm not allowed to have a satellite for them to 'override' it.  Anyways... it's bullshit.  ONLY out of market games, no post season, etc., etc.  So I'd still have to do something else and that shit was like 73 a month for the package I wanted.

Problem with it is I still want to watch Browns games and I'm not paying for that AND another service.  SO... I looked at NFL+.  Not live games, BUT you get ALL the games streaming as soon as they end for $9.99/mo (or 79.99 for the year but who needs that year round?). 

So... I also got a deal from Hulu for $20 off/month.  SO $49/mo gets me all the normal games I'd get with cable until December + 9.99/mo for NFL+ gets me all the Steelers games.  Which is perfect because I normally don't start them on time anyways.  So like ... this weekend, I can watch the Browns game at 1 on Hulu and then watch the Steelers game directly after in either full OR condensed format, both ad free.

I know this probably doesn't affect any of you, but if you care about out-of-market games, this might be worth it and I figured I'd share what I found.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Streaming NFL deals
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 10:23:26 PM »
I actually was in a sorta similar situation. I only have one team and they’re local, though, so really I was just looking for a way to get local broadcast channels. We usually go without “cable” but an HD antenna doesn’t work for our location so that’s the only choice. This time I picked between Hulu Live TV, YouTubeTV, and DirecTV stream. I didn’t feel like Comcast again and Sling doesn’t have local channels. Picked Hulu but because we already had it without live tv through apple we had to wait a week to turn on the live part. Decided to try a free trial of DirecTV stream until then.

I like it so far. The AppleTV app struggles with the direction swiping but otherwise not bad.

NFL+ sounds like a good deal and I think I’d do that if I ever lived outside the market.