Author Topic: syncing 2 apple devices - one account  (Read 1268 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
syncing 2 apple devices - one account
« on: November 24, 2010, 10:36:33 AM »
Is anyone doing this?  I have my 3GS synced to my account but I also have my old 3G that my kids play games on.  I removed a bunch of stuff from the 3G and haven't synced it since.  I only sync my 3GS with my work laptop and I was wondering what would happen if I synced my 3G to my home computer with my apple ID?  Is anyone else doing this?  Should I setup a separate apple ID to sync the 3G?

The main reason I ask is because I have purchased a few games that I wouldn't want to purchase again for the other device.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: syncing 2 apple devices - one account
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 09:36:26 AM »
If anyone ever has to do this, it's actually pretty easy, at least the way I did it. 

I sync my 3GS with my work laptop which has been fine all along.  I updated iTunes at home last night on my personal desktop and tied it to the same iTunes account.  I hooked up my old 3G and connected it.  I renamed that device to 'Kids Phone' and transferred all of my apps and stuff from that phone to that iTunes library.  I did the updates and then synced back to the phone without a problem.

I need to figure out how to sync podcasts and music on that phone though... because I basically just want to remove what's on it.  The kids don't need my music or the few remaining podcasts on there.  I think I just need to tell it that I want to sync but manage those manually.  I wish there was a way to just say "I want to remove XYZ from this phone".