Author Topic: AAAAAAyy Eye  (Read 105 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
AAAAAAyy Eye
« on: March 18, 2024, 12:28:54 PM »
With the leaps and bounds that AI has been making how are your companies preparing for the looming AI revolution? are you talking about it at all? are you ahead of it?

And what about you personally? It seems that AI could be competition for many white collar jobs in the next few years?

Have you been discussing this with your families? if so, are you taking this into account when advising your kids regarding course selections and career paths?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: AAAAAAyy Eye
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 12:56:06 PM »
> With the leaps and bounds that AI has been making how are your companies preparing for the looming AI revolution? are you talking about it at all? are you ahead of it?

The education space is freaking out about this. It has calmed down a bit but still there. What has been a biggest challenge are services that roll out experimental AI without us knowing about it or giving us time to set up controls.

> And what about you personally? It seems that AI could be competition for many white collar jobs in the next few years?

Honestly, for me personnally and for my team I'm not worried. Generating code is only one small part of the work and from what I've seen from gen AI it still has a long way to go before it replaces any but the most simplistic of tasks.

What I'm actually hoping for is more AI development outside of Gen AI. For example, I really want some good AI tools that'll let me provide a bunch of data about student performance and have it help me figure out which ones are good indicators that a student needs more assistance. For me, that's the dream; use AI to help the humans.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 03:14:56 PM »
We are starting to do some small things but the focus is on other higher priorities at the moment where I work.  Honestly I'm kind of worried about it.  Our churn is higher than normal and I think it's because we've lost our edge on the competition and people are catching up while we try to do some rebuilding.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 02:36:20 AM »
Our company is talking about it a fair amount. I didn't really think it would do much for our system but my colleague just updated me on a side-project he did that fully integrated ai into our tool and used it for some reasonably interesting things. I guess I'll have to do a deeper dive into capabilities.

My kid is going into CS. I'm not sure it's the best choice for her but I don't mind it. Whether she's doing the programming or just understanding how to generate it, it would be good to learn the theory.