Author Topic: Bright (Netflix)  (Read 1861 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Bright (Netflix)
« on: December 26, 2017, 01:38:35 AM »
Just saw this new Will Smith movie on Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EZCBSsBxko

I enjoyed it for what it is, a buddy-cop fantasy-epic crime-thriller sci-fi gritty-drama action-adventure will-smith-movie.  If you have netflix, its an easy watch when you just want some entertainment.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Bright (Netflix)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 09:36:37 AM »
I had really high hopes for it, and was mostly disappointed.  Terrible chemistry across the entire movie, no exceptions.  The effects went from really nice to high school play makeup.  The story had a good base, however little was done to take advantage of the available possibilities.  A few of the elves were pretty astounding, and these portions were my favorites.  Part two already has the green light though I think they dumped the original writers and director.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Bright (Netflix)
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 09:50:07 AM »
I didn't know much about it going in, so my expectation level was low and it turned out IMO to be pretty fun.  I wouldn't disagree with any of your points though, chemistry could have been better for sure.  None of the effects seems super cheesy to me but, yeah, it wasn't exactly a matrix-level ground breaking.  Lots of action movie tropes.  I'm still going w/  8.5 stars. I'll watch the sequel, as long as its free on netflix like this was.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."