Author Topic: Govtcheez gettin unfat! ver. a million update: he fatr  (Read 143885 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Govtcheez gettin unfat! ver. a million
« Reply #345 on: June 06, 2011, 08:10:27 PM »
I havent starved my body, i'm just helping it process faster thus loosing some of the benefits. so yea maybe some but not an extreme. not like going off 'roids
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #346 on: June 06, 2011, 08:13:50 PM »
If you've lost that much weight that quickly, sorry, you're starving yourself.

> Random shit I heard but believe:

I don't think that has any real physiological backing, but from a psychological perspective it sort of makes sense. 

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #347 on: June 06, 2011, 08:22:37 PM »
> Random shit I heard but believe:

I don't think that has any real physiological backing, but from a psychological perspective it sort of makes sense. 

I believe it because it was coming from people who portend to use science based reasoning in their commentary. I forget the details, something related to losing weight too quickly destroys muscle that is better at burning calories when you're doing nothing. So when you compare losing 20 pounds in two weeks to losing 20 pounds in two years, when you're done you'll have to eat a lot fewer calories (or exercise more) to maintain the weight in the first scenario than you would in the second. And since usually people go back to their previous caloric intake when the starvation diet is done, they will actually end up being heavier because their body is made up differently and burns calories less efficiently than it did before.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #348 on: June 06, 2011, 08:24:19 PM »
Here is the real thing about weight loss:  if you aren't changing your habits then all the fad or quick loss tricks don't mean shit in the end.

I have managed to change my physical habits.  I work out 3-4 times a week for at least an hour.  I have kept it up for three years steady now.

Diet is my Achilles heel.  That said even there I have made solid strides. 

Long way to go though.  What a slog...  :(

I give Gov credit for accomplishing what he has.  I still have 20lbs to go to reach my current goal. 

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #349 on: June 06, 2011, 08:30:45 PM »
stuff
That makes sense.  I think the psychological part is a bigger part, though - you end up returning to your old habits or even worse ones because you feel you've "earned" it.  Muscle doesn't burn a whole ton more calories than fat does

> I give Gov credit for accomplishing what he has. 

Thanks :)  I like the newer me a lot more than the older me, but I still have a ways to go

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #350 on: June 06, 2011, 08:40:03 PM »
Here is the real thing about weight loss:  if you aren't changing your habits then all the fad or quick loss tricks don't mean shit in the end.

I have managed to change my physical habits.  I work out 3-4 times a week for at least an hour.  I have kept it up for three years steady now.

Diet is my Achilles heel.  That said even there I have made solid strides. 

Long way to go though.  What a slog...  :(

I give Gov credit for accomplishing what he has.  I still have 20lbs to go to reach my current goal. 

Sounds like you're doing it right. Well done. Good luck and take your time on those last 20.

Steve, hope all goes well with your job, and you find a maintainable solution as well.

:dblthumb2:

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #351 on: June 06, 2011, 11:40:28 PM »
Govt has come a long way, I wish I had his discipline. I need to get back on the p90x and riding my bike etc etc etc. Since it's been nice out i have been non stop with this move and the stress and exhaustion is really taking a toll.....after this weekend, it should be much easier
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #352 on: June 07, 2011, 10:16:10 AM »
I've gained 5 lbs in the past couple months, hitting the gym almost every other day to lift weights and going to Judo once or twice per week. I want to gain another 10 lbs to reach my goal, then I'll be at the top of my weight class in judo! huzzah.

And yeah, us skinny guys trying to gain weight are underrepresented. Damn all you fat people, you've twisted our society into a world of diet and weight loss everything. Do you know how freakin hard it is to buy yogurt? just some regular fucking yogurt that's not diet, 0 calorie, pro-biotic shit yourself or anything like that.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #353 on: June 07, 2011, 10:25:53 AM »
Acccctivvvviaaaaaaa!

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #354 on: June 07, 2011, 07:47:54 PM »
The busted-ass scale at my hotel says I'm 170.  I like this hotel.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #355 on: June 08, 2011, 11:01:56 AM »
Did legs today at the gym by my hotel.  It sucked, the end.  hoping to go running tonight but it's like a million goddamn degrees.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #356 on: June 11, 2011, 10:29:28 AM »
Vacation time motherfuckers :wutang:

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #357 on: June 14, 2011, 08:57:50 AM »
Vacation is time for working out and fancy cooking

Sunday: Run 3.07 miles - run 3 minutes, walk 1, repeat 7 times
Monday: Chest/Shoulders/Biceps (and answer a bunch of work phones calls screw you all I'm on vacation! my phone is now in the microwave)
Tuesday: I'll probably go running later but who knows.  I made shirred eggs for breakfast (not my picture).  The other day I made breakfast tacos with chorizo that they've stopped carrying by me.  I'm going to go to the grocery store here and literally buy all of their chorizo.

Meals on this trip have been made from stuff from local farmers markets as much as possible.  The eggs I've been having are from one and they rule.  The fruits and veggies we've had so far have all been - I got a quart of peaches for like a buck from a roadside stand and they are about the sweetest things you'll ever eat.  Only 5 days of vacation left :(

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2011, 10:46:50 AM »
Where u at? Best farm eggs are always from the amish.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2011, 12:51:59 PM »
Rented a house on lake michigan for the week in St Joe