Author Topic: Red Ring of Death  (Read 29909 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Red Ring of Death
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2009, 11:43:44 AM »
It must be related to the hard drive or the connection on the xbox side. i just dont know why
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2009, 11:45:50 AM »
I really want to troll you on that forum but I don't want to risk getting banned from XBL

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2009, 11:24:06 PM »
I really want to troll you on that forum but I don't want to risk getting banned from XBL

Thank you for your restraint, even if it is only in your own best interest.  :lol:
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2009, 11:47:47 PM »
Any luck thus far?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2009, 08:55:19 AM »
not as of yet.

EDIT: So I called Xbox Support and told them the issue.  After a few steps to replicate the error and prove I'm not an idiot making this up they basically told me, "The Xbox is working fine, you need to prove its not your hard drive causing the error" and he told me to visit a "friend or relative" with an xbox and attach my drive to see if it works.  Well duh, I already thought about that. I was hoping to get some ACTUAL technical support.  oh well.

He asked me, "Is there anything else I can do to help you today." I said, "Apparently Not" as I hung up.  now to find a friend or relative.... hmmm...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 10:06:11 AM by micah »
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2009, 11:45:51 AM »
Tech support at it's best

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2010, 12:57:51 AM »
So, a month later and I finally got a chance to test my old hard drive. I gave it to my cousin's wife who was over for new years. She brought it home and slapped it on her xbox and it works fine, thus proving that the refurbished xbox they sent me back is a piece of shit!

So I guess I need to call Microsoft again. I hope they have a record of me calling a month ago complaining about this busted refurb.  geez.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2010, 12:18:50 PM »
Oh hooray mine just red ringed too

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2010, 12:35:36 PM »
Yours is pretty new isnt it?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2010, 12:44:03 PM »
I've had it for a little over 2 years but it was one of the older models with the problems.  I'm surprised it's held up this long honestly

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2010, 12:52:53 PM »
its still covered under the warranty than!  Anything less than 3yrs for RRoD is covered.    That sucks so much!

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2010, 12:59:09 PM »
Yeah I already started the stuff for it - I just need to print it off and ship it out tomorrow.  did you take off the front cover of the console?  I didn't see a really easy way to do it without potentially breakin something

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2010, 01:05:17 PM »
 The easiest way to remove the face is to use the finger hole at the bottom of the console and just pull. You gotta pull a little harder then you would think and it pops out. I used a guide, heres a pic from it

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2010, 01:35:57 PM »
I didn't remove anything from my box except the hard drive and the inter-cooler fan I had previously added to the back (a lot of good that did).

If you have an aftermarket skin or face-plate you added you'll want to remove it, but if you just have a plain old white box just send it in as-is.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2010, 04:10:04 PM »
They received it today, hooray!  I'm not sure why I'm so intently following this.  I didn't think I used my XBox obsessively, but then I realized that it's my primary DVD player and I used it for Netflix and other streaming things a lot.

I'm in Iowa all of next week so hopefully it's back when I get home :)