Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Gaming / Re: Headache / nausea with modern games
« Last post by ober on June 26, 2023, 10:21:22 AM »
Do you have a wide screen?  That can mess with you, especially if you recently moved to one.  I hate the motion blur in games.  It's so over-done.  I don't generally have an issue with it and I have an ultra-wide monitor (49").  Some of my games aren't built to support it which makes it worse.
« Last post by Mike on June 23, 2023, 10:39:11 AM »
Sometimes it does have to do with the frame rate, especially if there is tearing.  But generally I can keep a decent enough frame rate to avoid that.  Motion blur is definitely an issue.  It is like they forget that our eyes and brains are really good at keeping a still picture when turning your head.
« Last post by hans on June 22, 2023, 11:20:17 PM »
Maybe something to do with the frame rate? Motion blur definitely drives me nuts though. I can't say I play enough action games to help, I'm most city builders and racing simulators.
Gaming / Headache / nausea with modern games
« Last post by Mike on June 22, 2023, 02:05:19 PM »
So the last few games I've tried there has been a period of headache/nausea when I start playing them.  This last game (The Outer Worlds) I had to turn off head bob, widen the FOV, turn off chromatic aberration, and turn off motion blur.  I don't remember having to do all this stuff 10 years ago.  Back then it was just setting the graphics settings for quality and maybe playing with rendering for performance.

Anyone else getting old and having to do this?
Open Discussion / Re: Goodbye Google Domains
« Last post by ober on June 21, 2023, 02:32:21 PM »
I know namecheap gets a bad rap and I wouldn't use it in a business setting for a few reasons, but I manage all my personal stuff through there and it works.  I haven't had any issues.
Open Discussion / Re: Goodbye Google Domains
« Last post by Mike on June 20, 2023, 12:47:39 PM »
God damn it!  Now, I have to find a new registrar that doesn't suck ass.
Open Discussion / Goodbye Google Domains
« Last post by hans on June 15, 2023, 11:09:45 PM »
Open Discussion / Re: 100% agree with this (Re: gender affirming care)
« Last post by charlie on May 23, 2023, 03:55:29 PM »
lol why're you trolling so much? I never thought this was a super serious site but at least we could carry a conversation.
« Last post by Jake on May 17, 2023, 09:01:22 AM »
did you really just compare a haircut to removing genitals?  :D  :suicide2:
« Last post by charlie on May 16, 2023, 01:54:14 PM »
I would just point out a couple things.

1) Gender affirming care is a much broader set of interventions beyond permanent physical changes. Do you "100% agree" with banning all gender affirming care, or is your concern with the more permanent surgeries and other physiological treatments?

2) We do let kids mutilate their bodies all the time. Some examples:
* Ear piercing
* Haircuts
* I think tattoos are allowed with parental permission
* Roughly 2,398 medical surgeries and procedures done regularly on children (I made up that number but it's a lot).

If you're saying we should think hard before allowing our children to undergo permanent (or difficult to reverse) physical changes, then I agree! I think everybody does. So if that's what you're getting at I think it's fair but it doesn't really provide a defense of or reasoning for the original position.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10