Author Topic: Indiana Jones  (Read 2757 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Indiana Jones
« on: September 07, 2020, 12:02:01 PM »
We were looking for a family movie to see the other night, and came across the first Indiana Jones - kids had a blast watching it, and it turns out my wife has never seen it either. That first movie was really pretty great considering it is almost 40 years old now. We saw the second one yesterday night - and I don't know if I ever saw it before either - while the overall movie felt new, some things seemed familiar - but that's maybe because of all the pop references. The second one was quite a bit darker, and overall not as good as the first, but still very entertaining. We are planning to watch the third (which I'm sure I've seen a few times) in the next few days.

I think I will introduce my family to the goonies pretty soon too :p 
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Indiana Jones
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 12:53:09 PM »
I think I'm the only person who just doesn't like the Goonies. Maybe because I didn't see it as a kid.  Zero appeal to me though.

Make them watch Indiana Jones 3... its as good as the first (if not better) and Sean Conery adds a lot of humor.
I never liked #2. Dark and not as "fun" to watch.

They made a 4th movie a while back - not great reviews and rightfully so - as it jumps the shark a bit and doesn't hold to the quality of the original movies. But, it is entirely watchable on its own as long as you don't set high expectations for masterful cinema.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 08:17:27 PM »
I think I'm the only person who just doesn't like the Goonies. Maybe because I didn't see it as a kid.  Zero appeal to me though.

Make them watch Indiana Jones 3... its as good as the first (if not better) and Sean Conery adds a lot of humor.
I never liked #2. Dark and not as "fun" to watch.

They made a 4th movie a while back - not great reviews and rightfully so - as it jumps the shark a bit and doesn't hold to the quality of the original movies. But, it is entirely watchable on its own as long as you don't set high expectations for masterful cinema.

yes, I also remember liking #3 a lot. Did you know that a #5 is coming out in 2022?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 08:17:56 AM »
#3 is the best one. #4 doesn't exist and #5 probably shouldn't either. Tell them it's a trilogy, save them the pain :lol:

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 03:18:52 PM »
oooh, and you can make them watch the "young indiana jones" tv show.  Thats right up there in my book with Back to the Future: The animated series  :lol:
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 10:27:25 AM »
we saw the third this weekend - awesomeness. My daughter is weird and she said she liked second the best - because it was scary :)

So now decision time, goonies or back to the future? or something else?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 10:39:29 AM »
Goonies before your kids are too old to appreciate it :) Back-to-future is timeless.