Author Topic: new favorite beer  (Read 4301 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
new favorite beer
« on: July 18, 2013, 11:04:01 PM »
Since I started drinking beer my favorite was one of the major Polish brands: zywiec, lech, krolewskie, etc - and I guess I finally started to assimilate :) I found a new favorite:Shiner Bock. The first time I've had this was a while ago in Colorado. I don't know when exactly it came to IL - maybe it was here all along and I just didn't see it - but I found it at a local grocery a few months ago....and the rest is history. The original Buck is an awesome, highly drinkable beer. The reason I like it because first of all, it tastes like beer, not some watered down imposter, but it also has a hint of something sweet. So you get the bitter, and the sweet!

Their season summer beer - Ruby Red - is out of this world during hot weather. Who ever thought hops, grapefruit, and ginger would be so refreshing!

If you like beer - and even if you don't - you should try these two out!

I've also got a few variety Shiners packs, and haven't found a brew I didn't like.

I also found another awesome beer, which is not available in IL, Yuengling - I typically have it when I visit Ohio.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: new favorite beer
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 11:07:14 PM »
this post was inspired by the bathroom demo I'm doing while enjoying a few :)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 12:27:19 AM »
Had my first Shiner down in TX.  It's way up there on my list for sure.  They just got Yuengling here in Ohio about a year ago.  It was mainly only found in PA before that.  Good stuff.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 07:50:45 AM »
Had my first Shiner down in TX.  It's way up there on my list for sure.  They just got Yuengling here in Ohio about a year ago.  It was mainly only found in PA before that.  Good stuff.

I've found shiner on tap at a few places around Akron :) The Geisen Haus had it for sure. Dumpy joint, but good food!

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 06:08:57 PM »
Troeg's
Victory
Roy Pitz
Bell's

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 08:14:53 AM »
The make Shiner Bock in Shiner TX about 2 hrs from my home town.

They give tours :D
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez