Joe Biden (D)
3 (60%)
Jo Jorgensen (L)
2 (40%)
Howie Hawkins (G)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: November 03, 2020, 02:48:43 PM

Author Topic: Election 2020  (Read 53758 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Election 2020
« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2020, 05:17:10 PM »
That said, Biden's alleged behavior pales in comparison to Trump's alleged behavior and Trump's actual behavior while in office. There's really no choice to be made.
I feel disgusted that I have to agree with you.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2020, 05:47:15 PM »
That's the first I had seen any detail.  The only thing I'd heard about is that he rested his hand on someone's back too long or kissed someone on the cheek/neck that felt in appropriate.  Biden wasn't my first choice and still isn't but I'll still take him over Trump.

I tell you what - there is something to be said about the "left wing media" not posting much about it - don't you agree? Google "Biden sexual assault" and see what hits you DON'T get. do the same with Trump's name.

anyway...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/28/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegations-why-has-media-ignored-claims

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #197 on: April 08, 2020, 05:51:53 PM »
And there has been a lot of backlash against quite a few of the #metoo advocates who have silent purged their social media of comments made during previous allegations against Republicans.

The hypocrisy is rampant. Alyssa Milano is getting a lot of grief: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alyssa-milano-explains-silence-joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation

I forgive her because she is so hot. ;)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #198 on: April 08, 2020, 08:26:44 PM »

And honestly it's disgusting that these two guys are effectively our only choices to be President.

Vermin Supreme is not a rapist https://verminsupreme2020.com/

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #199 on: April 09, 2020, 03:13:34 AM »
I tell you what - there is something to be said about the "left wing media" not posting much about it - don't you agree?

Umm... no. I can't say that I would agree. (Although to be fair I don't pay attention to "left wing media" so who knows or cares what they're saying.)

As far as the mainstream media goes, though, I don't really think there's much to be said there. First, Trump's had a ton more allegations and of course he's president now, so a google search right now is a very bad way to test this.

Also, allegations get mainstream media play when they are well-documented and well-supported or there are many of them. If this is not getting a lot of play, part of it could be because there just isn't enough evidence/corroboration yet. (That doesn't mean it isn't serious or it didn't happen, but mainstream media outlets for the most part don't play up stories like this unless they are pretty solid, at least compared to .)

And finally, I don't remember much mainstream media coverage of Trump's assault allegations during the 2016 primary. The "grab them by the pussy" audio got a lot of play, but that was also during the general election campaign and the actual assault allegations weren't mentioned much. (Especially compared to, say, her emails.)

So is there some left-wing hypocrisy here? Probably. There almost always is. Is there a mainstream media bias? I don't see any evidence of that.

And honestly... what's the relevance to the election? If someone is trying to decide between Trump and Biden, are they really going to choose Trump because of a sexual assault allegation against Biden? Really? Who would do that?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #200 on: April 09, 2020, 12:08:34 PM »
you know that Wisconsin's governor is a democrat, right?

I believe it was the Republicans in Wisconsin and conservative SCOTUS justices that did forced that. And of course Trump tweeted today basically saying that Republicans should try to prevent vote-by-mail because it's bad for their electoral chances.  :wtf:
Holy shit that's so blatant!  WOW.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2020, 12:01:04 AM »
Maybe we should let Trump try to cancel the election:

https://youtu.be/yQLbNekBU1A

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2020, 11:41:00 PM »
so which rapist will you be voting for?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2020, 12:57:49 AM »
Current poll results are:

Biden: 5
Trump: 2
Other/Didn't Vote: 2

As much as I'm not a fan of Biden, it's not even a difficult decision.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2020, 10:04:44 AM »

Ditto.

I hate that it seems it keeps coming down to voting against a candidate(s) rather than for one you believe in lately.
This signature intentionally left blank.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2020, 10:07:09 AM »
It's also likely this will be my first year to vote by mail or do early voting.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2020, 10:17:37 AM »
It's also likely this will be my first year to vote by mail
Welcome brother!

I've gotten a mail-in ballot for awhile now.  I think I rarely actually mail it in and instead just drop it off but it saves so much time.  Heck, during the primary they had a drive through line going at my local polling place for people dropping them off.

Ditto.

I hate that it seems it keeps coming down to voting against a candidate(s) rather than for one you believe in lately.
It has been that way for awhile.  It is a mathematical inevitability with first-past-the-post voting.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2020, 12:43:44 AM »
this is a pretty excellent speech

https://youtu.be/mXD4zPY4Ai0

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2020, 01:19:32 AM »
I really hope you're trolling now.  I refuse to watch that shit and I've heard enough about that speech to know that it's chocked full of lies and divisiveness.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2020, 01:37:02 AM »
I really hope you're trolling now.  I refuse to watch that shit and I've heard enough about that speech to know that it's chocked full of lies and divisiveness.

I'm not trolling. And you heard that where, on CNN or MSNBC? Give it a shot, Ben, and make your own opinion