Nothing & Everything > Open Discussion

Easter

(1/3) > >>

Jake:
So how do you heathens celebrate this blessed holiday?

In Poland Easter is a pretty big deal - at least the way I remember it. Religiously it is "bigger" than Christmas.

Traditionally we go to church on Saturday to bless our Easter basket(s).Usually we'll have some bread, butter, salt&pepper, a few eggs and a piece of sausage. Kids have their own baskets :) we then start our Sunday breakfast with this food.

Good Friday is strictly no meat - and even though I don't know why anymore - we stick to this tradition in my house and eat potatoes and herring.

On Sunday we have a big dinner - this year I'm smoking a pork brown roast. We'll have my best friend's family over for the weekend.

ober:
Used to be way more religious for me but now I'm just a godless sinner ;-).  We are having dinner on Sunday with the in-laws and doing the Easter bunny stuff with the kids. Otherwise it won't be that much of a difference for us as far as weekends go.

Mike:

--- Quote from: Jake on March 29, 2013, 03:09:22 PM ---Good Friday is strictly no meat - and even though I don't know why anymore - we stick to this tradition in my house and eat potatoes and herring.

--- End quote ---

To this day I still don't understand this.

Not sure what I'm going to do for Zombie Jesus day.  Probably not much.

micah:
We'll be going to church like we do every week, then hiding some plastic eggs in my parents back yard for Colbie to find.  Thats about it. 

We did make Colbie her first Easter basket that we plan on giving her on Sunday.  Nothing fancy, a couple candies and one or two toys from the $1 bins at Target.

Mike:
Oh, forgot to mention:  At least in Catholicism Easter is a bigger deal than Christmas.  Easter just doesn't have the massive gift giving machine behind it shoving it down everyone's throat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version