Nothing & Everything > Open Discussion

Personality tests

<< < (2/4) > >>

jkim:

--- Quote from: micah on March 20, 2019, 12:37:55 PM ---So they say 5w6.  Really interesting.

EDIT: Interestingly enough, I took the second 1-page quiz and it was flipped but still the same two. 6w5 with 9 again as my second.

--- End quote ---

I could definitely see both. I think 6w5 fits you better as a whole but your areas of stress/growth seems to be closer to 5.

--- Quote from: Perspective on March 20, 2019, 12:58:50 PM ---I'm also a 9w8, *high-five*!

--- End quote ---
Yayy peace and laziness!

jkim:

--- Quote from: ethic on March 20, 2019, 04:47:00 PM ---I'm a pisces

--- End quote ---
Happy belated!

ober:
I'm a Di in DISC.  I haven't done the other ones.  My current company puts our DISC assessment on our name tags on our desk and the Scrum teams post what everyone is.  They make a big deal about it because it helps to understand other people and know how to generally interact with them to get the best results.

Jake:
I did the second test and type 8 won by a land slide. Reading through the summary of The Challenger again, and talking about it with my wife, is helping me see that I have some pretty shitty personality traits. I mean, there are things I can change, for sure to be a better person. But how the hell does a guy in his mid thirties develop compassion and empathy? I dunno - maybe I need some one-on-one's with our counselor! ;) seriously though - I want my relationships (especially with my immediate family) to be stronger - I always thought that showing emotion and vulnerability is a sign of weakness. I want to work on that.

--- Quote ---Such Eights enjoy intimidating others whom they see as "weak" and feel little compunction about walking over anyone who stands in their way. They can be crude, brutal and dangerous.

--- End quote ---

I have to admit - I have some of the above - probably too much at times. This is something I need to stop doing. I don't think I do it at home, however I know that some things I teach my kids, and especially my son, could lend it self to the same behavior in the future. It is such a fine line, however, between exhibiting confidence, courage, and a don't fuck with me attitude and being perceived as a fucking jerk. I know I need to work on this at work; I am cruel to some people way too often.

Wow, we're turning into a fucking psychotherapy community! :D

I'll work on some of this right now: there are times I want to see the world like Charlie does. Even though I don't agree with a lot of his ideologies, I want to be able to see things from a different perspective. If I can pin point it to a single thing, it would be that Charlie is not judgmental. I am very judgmental.

micah:

--- Quote from: Jake on March 23, 2019, 12:23:11 PM ---I always thought that showing emotion and vulnerability is a sign of weakness. I want to work on that.

--- End quote ---

I've subconsciously felt that way for decades.  When I was a kid I was very overly emotional. I see a lot of me in my youngest daughter who is like that now.  The slightest thing, even talking about something dangerous, makes her cry. She's very personable and has friends but at night she'll cry in bed falling asleep saying that everybody hates her and she has no friends.

At some point in adolescence, I started to man up. By the time I was 16 I became pretty stoic. That's about when my mom died. I remember crying a couple times but that was it. I didn't have a long grieving process or anything. I just accepted what happened and adjusted to the new normal.  And I've been that way ever since - at least on the outside.

I didn't realize I was like this though. I still have a lot of empathy but I generally don't show my emotions IRL.  In my mind, I'm a wreck but I think I suppress it to make other people happy or to make them like me or to somehow convince myself that I'm happy.  A couple weeks ago when my wife and I first started talking about some issues we were having I started sobbing and she said, "oh look you DO have emotions."  It really took me aback; I feel like I'm nothing but a giant ball of emotion but even my wife sees me as apathetic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version