Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Open Discussion / Re: Gaming mice recommendation?
« Last post by ober on January 20, 2023, 10:46:28 AM »
I just realized that the font was all jacked up on that post.  Either way, I went with a Razer Basilik V3.  I was initially scared of wireless but I'm actually looking forward to it after reading some reviews.
Open Discussion / Gaming mice recommendation?
« Last post by ober on January 15, 2023, 11:34:45 AM »

I love my G9X but I've had it for at least a decade and I think it's time to upgrade plus it's getting a little grimy and it's hard to clean. I think I'm looking for more of a palm grip but obviously the G9X isn't one so I'm not sure. I have big hands (8x4 inches, roughly) so I'm looking for comfort. Random extra info/requirements:

Would prefer wired but open to wireless if latency is less of a thing these days

I don't care about tons of buttons. Rarely use the ones I have.

Don't care about lights but wouldn't turn them away

Doesn't have to be super high DPI but it obviously doesn't hurt

I play some FPS, Red Dead Redemption, Simulators (that's mostly with a controller though)

Budget isn't a major concern... willing to spend up to $200 USD if it's worth it

I looked at the Razer series and without further input, am leaning towards a Deathadder or Viper? I don't know. Too many choices.
Photography/Video/Movies & TV / Re: Chernobyl
« Last post by ober on January 09, 2023, 03:28:07 PM »
The last 2 episodes are the best IMO.  VERY well acted in my opinion and I'm curious how much of that is how it truly played out.  What a shit show and abuse of power from top to bottom.
Photography/Video/Movies & TV / Chernobyl
« Last post by Perspective on January 09, 2023, 12:10:56 PM »
I watched the first three episodes of this on a plane ride recently. Such an interesting show, both from the nuclear disaster side as well as seeing how the Soviets handled the escalating situation.

I need to find a way to watch the last two episodes now!
Photography/Video/Movies & TV / Re: Wednesday
« Last post by charlie on January 04, 2023, 07:51:50 PM »
Family watched it and enjoyed but I never found the time to join them.
Photography/Video/Movies & TV / Wednesday
« Last post by micah on December 28, 2022, 03:50:34 AM »
anyone watch the 8-episode first season of Wednesday on Netflix?
I just binged the whole thing today.  Simply amazing.

Thoughts?
Open Discussion / Re: Do you phish your users? What do you use?
« Last post by Mike on December 20, 2022, 09:12:03 AM »
Thanks!  Yeah, someone is still going to fall for them.  Talking to a some others in my field and they were seeing baselines of 20% and have improved it to 5% which is still a ton of clicks.
« Last post by ober on December 20, 2022, 07:54:22 AM »
We use KnowBe4 - I don't manage that vendor but the service seems good.  The reports from it are decent and I do think it has helped.  Although one idiot in customer success did fall for a real one recently and triggered a security incident where her computer was being used to send hundreds of emails.
« Last post by Mike on December 16, 2022, 06:17:04 PM »
Thanks!
« Last post by Jake on December 16, 2022, 05:36:55 PM »
from our IT guy
We use Ironscales for phishing and it works pretty good but there is also one from Kasya call Graphis/bullphish that looked pretty sweet and would go to that if I wasn't already vested in ironscales.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10