Author Topic: Coronavirus COVID-19  (Read 67508 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19
« Reply #480 on: December 16, 2021, 11:36:29 PM »
We got ours at Safeway and CVS had openings, too. I don't even try our local clinic anymore, I wouldn't be surprised if they had fewer appointments.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #481 on: December 20, 2021, 09:55:13 AM »
I got boosted at my Walgreens. It was way easier to schedule that there than at a dr office

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #482 on: December 21, 2021, 11:37:42 PM »
Mine is next Wed.  Could not agree more with the scheduling bit.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #483 on: December 22, 2021, 12:19:17 AM »
5 year olds will need to carry covid papers with them in Chicago. This is getting insane

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-to-require-vaccine-proof-for-indoor-spaces-like-restaurants-bars-gyms/2712739/
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #484 on: December 22, 2021, 04:41:23 AM »
We went to San Francisco this past weekend. They require vaccination for eating indoors. We just showed a pic from our phone or our pediatrician practice’s health app with the details and we had no issues doing what we want to do. Super easy.

I’m not necessarily in favor of all mandates but it does make some sense for eating indoors, especially with omicron here.

I don’t usually use words like “insane” when I’m being serious but I think 1000 people dying of COVID a day nearly a year after we had such successful vaccines come out is insane. Limiting indoor dining to those least likely to spread the virus is a mild inconvenience.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #485 on: December 22, 2021, 04:46:05 AM »
Also… remember to take a picture of your vaccine card on your phone. We forgot for one of our kids and also forgot to bring the vaccine cards so we were nervous for a minute that we might not be able to eat in. But luckily the aforementioned doctor’s app had the info easily accessible.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #486 on: January 10, 2022, 01:33:21 PM »
It has been fairly quiet on the forum, I hope every body is doing OK. Looks like Omicron is sweeping the nation - at this point most people I know have had Covid, and most got it in the past month and a half.

how are you guys doing?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #487 on: January 10, 2022, 01:34:58 PM »
I had another antibody test done a few weeks ago - a little over a year after being sick with Covid. I have about the same number of antibodies per unit as people right after the first shot.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #488 on: January 11, 2022, 12:01:28 AM »
Somehow my family has still managed to avoid it.  As have both my parents and my in-laws.  But there's a ton of people in the past month that I work with that have had it.  I hope you all are safe too.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #489 on: January 11, 2022, 12:59:06 PM »
Got my booster a little over a week ago. My wife came down with something (after recently being boosted as well) and it took her out for a few days. She still worked remotely, but she felt terrible and I had to run and try to find soup  and Gatorade, etc. Luckily I didn't manage to catch it or at least didn't become symptomatic. She still feels a bit tired and I'm guessing she probably got the Omi.

I'm really hoping that with the Omi tearing through and what seems to be like less severe symptoms for most that we might be on the endemic side of things soon with a reduced dangerous strain going forward.
This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #490 on: January 11, 2022, 02:27:51 PM »
That's what I'm reading from all the experts.  You might get COVID 10 years from now but it will just be another strain of the flu at that point.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #491 on: January 12, 2022, 01:02:09 PM »
My youngest daughter just tested positive. We had a family event over the weekend and the next day one of the kids we visited had a sore throat and tested positive. We couldn't find any tests and used our last ones before going to the family gathering but luckily my wife's school nurse had some to give us so we checked this morning.

My wife was feeling rundown as well so she stayed home. She ended up testing negative but for now we're keeping her home as long as she has symptoms in case it was a false negative.

Since I don't go out I don't see a reason to waste a test on myself, especially since I'm symptom free at the moment. Biggest question is whether my older daughter and I get it as she doesn't want to miss school and has a volleyball tournament soon.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #492 on: January 12, 2022, 01:05:15 PM »
That's what I'm reading from all the experts.  You might get COVID 10 years from now but it will just be another strain of the flu at that point.

I'd say it's just another strain of the flu for kids and the fully vaccinated right now.

Other than the hassle and my wife having to have a substitute teach her class I'm not pressed about it. Since we are vaccinated and my wife and I are fully boosted the chances of bad outcomes are super low.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #493 on: January 13, 2022, 12:39:07 AM »
Yeah, but I've still heard of breakthrough cases that are rough.  My boss's boss got it over the holidays and he was super miserable and I'm pretty sure he's even had his booster.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #494 on: January 13, 2022, 01:26:52 PM »
Yeah, but I've still heard of breakthrough cases that are rough.  My boss's boss got it over the holidays and he was super miserable and I'm pretty sure he's even had his booster.

I mean, I've heard of flu cases that are rough, too. :dunno: