Entertainment & Artistry > Sports/Outdoors & Manpoon

Fitness megathread - discuss weight loss, fat loss, working out, etc here!

<< < (2/51) > >>

Steve:
I have one of the benches with all the pully's and what not on it. I do the arm one where i push it out and up, the pull down bar, the fold in (the arms have pins that come out, and they squeeze in). I also do curls. As for cardio i use the bike, the step-master thing on the bench. I dont know if these count as cardio but i also do crunches, pushups, leg lift, and pullups.

I would run/jog but my knee cant handle that yet. Well in short bursts it can, but not too much. Cant even take too much on leg lifts.

Steve:
mine arent THAT bad. I'll have to take a picture. I went swimming the other day at a friends and one of the cute lil hootchies told me my love handles are gettin flabby now its fucking with me. I've been working on them for months, though.

Govtcheez:
> I read a blurb on getting rid of love handles a few years back.  Long story short it is nearly impossible.  To do it long term for most people isn't possible at all without serious health risk.

This blurb is pretty stupid then.  It's no different than losing any other bit of fat.  Most people aren't willing to modify their diet and exercise enough to make that possible, and a really startling number of people are of the "spot training is possible" bandwagon.  This leads to people building up muscle under the fat and making them look a lot bigger than it is.

Govtcheez:

--- Quote from: RoD on June 04, 2007, 03:10:01 PM ---I have one of the benches with all the pully's and what not on it. I do the arm one where i push it out and up, the pull down bar, the fold in (the arms have pins that come out, and they squeeze in). I also do curls. As for cardio i use the bike, the step-master thing on the bench. I dont know if these count as cardio but i also do crunches, pushups, leg lift, and pullups.

I would run/jog but my knee cant handle that yet. Well in short bursts it can, but not too much. Cant even take too much on leg lifts.

--- End quote ---
There are well designed routines everywhere on the web, there's no reason to just hop on a bench and do what you want, since it's probably not going to accomplish what you want, especially when you don't know the names of the exercises you're doing.

I can post some examples for you if you want, they're very helpful.  They use the legs a lot and I know you're not too keen on doing that right now, but there are ways to work around that.  Your legs are some of the biggest muscles in your body and your progress accelerates dramatically when you actually work them.

KnuckleBuckett:
Not being any kind of an expert in (getting rid of them) you are probably right.  Just thought I would toss that in.  I remember that they were interviewing Mr. Universe people and Hollywood "shirt-off" stars along with the usual nutritionist folk.

I don't see it as an issue as long as you stay healthy.  Well...unless you make your living showing your lack of handles off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version