Author Topic: For the Mac Owners: Which Browser Do You Use?  (Read 2327 times)

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
For the Mac Owners: Which Browser Do You Use?
« on: April 18, 2008, 08:20:53 AM »
Like the subject states - what browser do you use?

This is geared more for the Mac owners/users, but if you winderz people would like to chime in . . . I guess.

Anyway, I'm looking for a new browser because I think Opera and Firefox are buggy since thier recent upgrades.

In graphic heavy sites (lots of photos and embeded video from youtube), I've noticed that Opera will slow to a crawl and then close itself.

Firefox does something similar - I'll get the spinning beach ball for about 3 mins, then it'll close.

And all that before the entire page loads.

I have tried it with Safari and although it doesn't die, for some reason, I just don't like Safari all that much.  I have been forced to use it though since Opear and Firefox are being bitches.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: For the Mac Owners: Which Browser Do You Use?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 10:15:58 AM »
I think it's more the plugins with Firefox. I've noticed that when I disable just about everything, it has no issues, but the more plugins I keep going, the more random crashed I get.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 01:45:43 PM »
I use safari, mostly because it loads almost instantly. Firefox takes a second or two to start up (especially the first time).

I also really like safari because it has the bash key bindings (ctrl-a, ctrl-e, ctrl-d), etc... The old FF 1.0 had it too but they took it out :(

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 02:04:34 PM »
The latest Safari is supposed to be pretty good (fast and such). I just caught an article though that said PayPal is going to be blocking "unsafe" browsers and Safari might be on the list.
I actually sort of like the new Safari but I'm still a Firefox guy.
This signature intentionally left blank.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 05:47:24 AM »
My wife uses Firefox. I haven't heard of her having any issues.