Author Topic: Seen flying overhead on campus:  (Read 1551 times)

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
Seen flying overhead on campus:
« on: January 15, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »
PLANNED PARENTHOOD KILLS KIDS
DR. KEVORKIAN KILLS PARENTS

I'm going to see the good doctor speak in a few hours...I'll tell you guys how it goes.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Seen flying overhead on campus:
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 07:09:57 PM »
so, 'um...  is he like a motivational speaker now?   :dunno:
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 05:39:36 PM »
We had Bill Clinton here last night.  I didn't go see him because:
1) It was at 9pm and I got done with lab at 6:30pm
2) I didn't feel like waiting around for several hours
3) I had crowds people
4) I already meet him when he was President

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 11:41:23 AM »
Well, for the interested parties, apparently he's not allowed to go in-depth about euthanasia as part of his parole. So instead he went on and on about changes in the penal system, why Americans are sheep, the importance of the 9th amendment, and managed to tell the crowd that soldiers aren't heroes because they're willfully taking part in a senseless slaughter, as well as informing everyone not to vote to show Washington a message. Those last two parts, I think you can tell, were where he got booed. He also said the Libertarians were the only group who has their head on straight.

Well either way, it was very interesting, and surprisingly the overwhelming majority of people were pro-Dr. K. There was a tiny bit of protesting before we got in, but it was just people holding boring signs saying "DEATH is not welcome here!" while creepy old women muttered bible verses under their breath at you. The protesters were forced into a "protest zone"/"free speech zone" however, which bothered me considering it was on the campus of a public university.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 12:14:49 PM »
as well as informing everyone not to vote to show Washington a message

...considering the demographic of that audience, I'm all in favor of them not voting  :D

(seriously though, that is just stupid.  Government is for the people and BY the people. if you don't vote, the only message you're "sending to Washington" is that you don't give a shit about what they do and they have complete power over you... which is exactly what the big-government types want)

on a related note, I recently broke down my expenses for 2007.  The third most expensive cost of living was owning two cars (including the loans, insurance, registration fees, local taxes and a lot of gas).  The second most expensive cost of living was my apartment rent.   But the number one place my hard earned money went in 2007:  FEDERAL TAXES!!!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 12:20:50 PM by micah »
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 12:45:53 PM »
so, 'um...  is he like a motivational speaker now?   :dunno:

Yeah, he'll bore you to death.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 12:48:36 PM »
on a related note, I recently broke down my expenses for 2007.  The third most expensive cost of living was owning two cars (including the loans, insurance, registration fees, local taxes and a lot of gas).  The second most expensive cost of living was my apartment rent.   But the number one place my hard earned money went in 2007:  FEDERAL TAXES!!!!

You say this like it is unreasonable. :scratchhead: ;)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 03:06:35 PM »

You say this like it is unreasonable. :scratchhead: ;)

!?!