Author Topic: New guitar maybe  (Read 1983 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
New guitar maybe
« on: November 15, 2007, 10:36:51 AM »
http://www.paramountguitars.net/guitars_Sub_KilpatrickOOC.htm

What do you guys think of this one? I've been jonesing for a 000 style 12 fret with a slotted headstock but they've been a couple of these 00 styles that have caught my eye. I've never heard of the builder before and it looks to be a unique guitar at a fairly reasonable price. I've been considering building my own but just haven't worked up the ambition. I'm heading out to Milwaukee this weekend to see my brother and I'm planning on finally stopping in at Madison Music. They have a couple (spendier) models that look pretty interesting too.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Dumah

• Jackass IV
Re: New guitar maybe
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 12:32:46 PM »
Yes, you certainly need another guitar!

:)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 03:41:41 PM »
Oooo. The guitar shop is sort of on my way to Milwaukee too. So hopefully I can swing in after stopping at Madison Music or make a quick trip on Sunday to play the guitar.

Hopefully I can get a chance to play it this weekend. Might be coming home with a new guitar if it's good.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 12:32:33 AM »
Well, I came back without a guitar. I got to stop and both shops and play a bunch of guitars. The Kilpatrick was alright but something just didn't sound right to me and the finish on the back and sides really bothered me. Not sure if it was intentional but it looked like he just didn't do a great job of filling the wood. Just kind of looked amateurish. And for that kind of price, I'm sorry, but I expected better.
I stopped in at Madison Music after and played a used Huss and Dalton OOO that was much better.
They also had a really nice OO-SP (black acacia), gorgeous and it sounded like a little cannon.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 01:35:52 AM »
Pick one from the podium (www.thepodium.com) I'd be happy to play it and even bring my H4 along. They'll ship.