Author Topic: neuromancer and deuteros  (Read 2380 times)

ygfperson2

• Jackass I
neuromancer and deuteros
« on: July 26, 2007, 02:45:20 AM »
i've been playing these two old games recently. they're both pretty amazing. neuromancer is based on the book and is basically an adventure game set in the future, with a really heavy emphasis on bulletin board systems (i guess how they imagined the internet to be in the 80s?). you generally take a lot of notes on who says what on the public bbs's that you have access to, and then infiltrate deeper into other nodes and gain more information. the names you learn can be used on other people to gain other software and skills

deuteros is a space-based adventure game type thing. the immediate goal is to build up colonies inside your solar system, so you need to build objects, gain resources, etc. one of the neat things about the game is how lower level procedures become automated when they get repetitive (for the player). at some point the methanoids decide to attack and the plot thickens.

you can download them both from various places online if you're interested, although deuteros needs an amiga ST emulator.