Author Topic: Windows 10 Updates  (Read 5059 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Windows 10 Updates
« on: August 04, 2016, 10:49:28 AM »
So... I'm officially pissed at Microsoft.  For MONTHS and months I have bitched about my internet crapping out at the same time every night.  So for context, I do side work 3-4 nights a week and I usually quit around 11 and play games until 12:15 or so.  Almost every damn night around 11:30 my ping goes to absolute shit which is a big deal when you're playing an online FPS.  And I'm fucked for a good 3-4 minutes and I had always blamed it on something random with the internet because I never watched the time closely and our internet craps out randomly otherwise. 

So I'm playing last night and I decide to check if something else is eating my bandwidth when it is happening and sure enough, motherfucking Windows Update is running and sucking up ALL of my bandwidth.  And it wasn't even downloading... just checking to see if anything was available. 

So I started looking for settings to change when it ran the updates.  I have looked all over the place and googled a bunch of different things and I can't find ANYTHING that allows me to change when it does this.  Is anyone aware of a way to see when these things are scheduled and how to change that schedule?  The only thing I keep finding is how to schedule when it does the restart, not when it just goes to check for new shit.