Author Topic: Covid-19 mental health check-in  (Read 20440 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Covid-19 mental health check-in
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2020, 01:34:02 AM »
For me, I just got stressed/depressed because I have to take vacation in the new few months to avoid capping out.  But, what's the point?  I can't go anywhere and work keeps me busy.  I was also planning on taking some time off around my birthday in July but there is a good chance we'll still be dealing with this at that time.

I would so take a vacation if it made sense right now. The weekends are great for me, I get to dawdle around not doing anything for two whole days before I have actual responsibilities again. Two days isn't enough though. I'd love a full week.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2020, 09:29:47 PM »
Good here.  We got stocked up on food so feeling good about that.  Kids are getting a little (more) stir crazy but not bad yet.  Our schools are also closed through end of April at a minimum.

So we are limiting our store trips to once a week. The local grocery store is well stocked - surprisingly well. Our shopping consists mostly of fruits and veggies and dairy stuff.

Going back to the store and how well it is stocked - they still had TP on my last trip, and pretty much the only things they were out that I noticed were: any sort of antibacterial stuff, torillas, flour and yeast!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2020, 12:19:58 AM »
Our local store is still out of paper products, canned soups, flour, and yeast.  But bread and tortillas are back.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2020, 11:32:56 AM »
We've been trying to do delivery for groceries. Limiting actual time in the stores seems important plus I know a lot of people are trying to make money working for Instacart.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2020, 12:40:34 PM »
We've been trying to do delivery for groceries. Limiting actual time in the stores seems important plus I know a lot of people are trying to make money working for Instacart.

we're quite remote and I don't think anyone delivers groceries here...I checked instacart at least and they do not
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2020, 12:40:45 PM »
I’m exhausted....I don’t know how I’m going to go back to work on Monday and be emotionally available to teenagers...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2020, 09:49:18 AM »
I'm really struggling... my wife and I are both trying to work and take care of the kids which is causing a lot of conflict. Between work, homeschooling, and all the regular house stuff... there's just not enough hours in the day. My job is our primary income, and she has reduced direct hours, but she still has a lot of report writing to do from previous clients. So on one hand we both realize I need to work, but it doesn't happen without a big fight. She's also made a detailed home schooling schedule that she's very serious about, I think it's a bit overkill and am much more relaxed about it. That just causes more conflict..

We're trying to make a schedule to stick to, but really there's just not enough hours in the day to make everything work. :suicide:

We're finally settling into a schedule. I work in the mornings, 7 or 8am to 12 or 1. Then my wife works in the afternoon. I end up working in the evening and a bit on the weekends. Work people seem to understand and have been avoiding scheduling afternoon meetings with me. It works out pretty well since we work a lot with people in Europe and India, meetings tend to be mostly in the mornings.

My wife is also relaxing a bit more about the situation. We still get all the academic stuff done with the kids everyday, but not necessarily following a rigid schedule. I'm definitely enjoying the time with the kids.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2020, 11:39:00 AM »
Glad to hear you guys have worked it out.  You seemed like you were at the end of your rope before!

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2020, 12:23:25 PM »
awesome news Perspective!

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2020, 08:51:35 AM »
That's wonderful Perspective!

I'm finding that I'm really waxing and waning based on my sleep - even more than usual.  My normal 6.5 may not be enough to get me through a day anymore.  Others?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2020, 09:41:01 AM »
I used to sleep around 11:00pm to 6:00am. Now I sleep 11:00am to 7:00am, but lay in bed until 7:45am. I literally roll out of bed just in time for my daily 8am meeting. I guess that's one of the benefits of working from home :D

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2020, 09:53:33 AM »
I am definitely getting more sleep with all of this.  Not sure if it helps or hurts.  Sometimes if I get too much sleep I feel worse.  I usually go to bed between 12 and 12:30 and I've been rolling out of bed around 7:30/8 lately despite my alarm going off at 7:15.  My first meeting typically isn't until 9:30 but I have plenty of activity before that usually.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2020, 09:54:16 AM »
Now I sleep 11:00pm to 7:00am, but lay in bed until 7:45am. I literally roll out of bed just in time for my daily 8am meeting. I guess that's one of the benefits of working from home :D

That's pretty much my routine as well - I'm usually asleep before midnight and get up around 7:30 to make breakfast.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2020, 10:31:09 AM »
I'm maintaining my normal sleep routine of going to bed at 10pm and getting up at 5:30am.

That said, the sun room where I'm working has a nice comfy couch that I have used to nap on during my breaks.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2020, 10:54:32 AM »
I went home a couple days ago to grab the mail and go into the office (when no one was there) to pickup a couple of checks - and let me tell you, the city is depressing. Seeing the empty parking lots, stores, restaurants - pretty gloomy outlook. I'm happy to be in the middle of the woods - out of sight out of mind as they say. Scenery like this helps. Slowing life down helps too. I'm grateful we are both still working and can work remotely. So grateful for that. I really have a different outlook and perspective on many things, but especially my job.

Picture is from Buckhorn bridge, where the Yellow River flows into Castle Rock Lake (which is a Wisconsin River Flowage/Lake). My son and I were slaying walleye there yesterday evening. Great time.