Author Topic: Huge news, kids!  (Read 9940 times)

groovitude

• some hip cat
  • Founders
Huge news, kids!
« on: June 22, 2005, 02:03:56 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0506210240jun21,1,5197990.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

Quote from: "The Chicago Tribune"
Billy Corgan wants his Pumpkins back

Published June 21, 2005

Fresh on the heels of the release of his first solo album, "TheFutureEmbrace," Chicago rocker Billy Corgan says he's breathing new life into an old dream: The Smashing Pumpkins.

In a full-page advertisement in today's Chicago Tribune marking the release of the new CD, Corgan says, "For a year now I have walked around with a secret, a secret I chose to keep. But now I want you to be among the first to know that I have made plans to renew and revive The Smashing Pumpkins. I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams."

The Smashing Pumpkins broke up in 2000 after playing a final gig at The Metro. The band racked up record sales (more than 25 million, with 1995's "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" selling 4.7 million in the U.S.) and critical acclaim (two Grammys and several nominations) in a relatively short time; their debut album, "Gish," was released in 1991.

The Pumpkins have a tumultuous history. The band's lineup included drummer Jimmy Chamberlin, guitarist James Iha, bassist D'Arcy Wretzky and Corgan; Wretzky left after recording "Machina" in 2000, with former Hole bassist Melissa auf der Maur filling her spot in the tour, and Corgan has blamed Iha in postings on his Web site for breaking up the band.

After the breakup, Corgan and Chamberlin put together the rock quintet Zwan, which imploded in 2003 after only one album.

"TheFutureEmbrace" is set for release Tuesday.
A sophism of madness...

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Huge news, kids!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 02:16:30 PM »
Corgan went on to say "I suck shit by myself, please give me money again!"