Author Topic: Govtcheez gettin unfat! ver. a million update: he fatr  (Read 140948 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Govtcheez gettin unfat! ver. a million update: he fatr
« on: October 31, 2009, 01:43:23 PM »
I'll stop hijacking the general thread for my own whining and use this to track my progress.  I've got a spreadsheet that I track my lifts and weight on, but this way you guys can laugh at my lack of progression and hopefully peer pressure will get the better of me.  I haven't really been in what I'd call good shape in high school, and you have all seen the picture, so you know I wasn't really what you'd call a stud then.  I did run a 18:00.7 in that race though, which I never got close to before or after.

Anyways, right now this is where I'm at.  I work in a high stress job that requires me to travel frequently and work long hours.  I'm 28 years old, and there is a history of high blood pressure and heart problems in my family, and I'd like to head that off before it becomes a problem.   A few weeks ago, I joined this gym, which as I mentioned before is a lot like Globogym from the movie dodgeball.  It's got a pool, cafe, basketball courts, a spa, racquetball courts, and all the cardio/weight stuff you could want.  There is also a location a quarter mile from my office and another one about 5 minutes from my house.  A friend of mine at work has also joined, and we've been heading there at lunch for the last couple weeks to play racquetball and lift weights.  When I signed up, I got a coupon for $100 to be spent on club stuff.  I'm planning to use it on an in depth fitness analysis type thing, mostly because it's kind of cool to think about and I have no idea what my BF% is.

After my workout today, I weighed in at 203.8 (I had had breakfast already).  I'll probably weigh myself once a week on Friday mornings before I eat.  I'd like to get down to 180 by the end of the year, keeping as much muscle mass as possible.  I'd also like to get my squats up to 2x6x225 by then (I did 3x6x135 yesterday).  From there, we'll see what happens.  I'm doing the Max-OT routine, sort of.  My days are going to be split as follows for now, unless something changes.

Monday   Racquetball
Tuesday   Chest
Wednesday   Racquetball/Cardio
Thursday   Back/Shoulders
Friday   Legs
Saturday   Arms
Sunday   Cardio/Rest

When my wife gets home, I'll have her take a couple pictures of me for a "before" comparison.  Don't worry, they'll be linked so people won't have to wander in and see me in shorts unexpectedly :P

My workout log today  (listing only work sets, no warmup sets or warmup/cooldown)

Bicep Cable Curl   2x6x70   more weight
Tricep Pulldown   2x6x90   more weight
Tricep Pullover   2x6x40   
Curl Machine   2x6x90   
Tricep Kickbacks   2x6x20   form
DB Curls   2x6x25   more weight

I'm also tracking my food on Livestrong's DailyPlate but it doesn't have the shake I had for lunch so I'm going to leave that out for now.  I suck at reporting food anyway.

So far today I have eaten
1 Thomas Whole Wheat Bagel
2 Tbsp JIF Creamy PB
2 cups coffee
1 FastFuel Optimizer shake from the lifetime cafe
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:35:46 PM by Govtcheez »

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Govtcheez gettin unfat!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 01:44:21 PM »
Also, I am going to Vegas next weekend, so I'm probably going to be in trouble calorie/exercise wise  from the very start, but  I'm determined to not use that as an excuse.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 01:55:15 PM »
Good luck comrade!

If I can still be doing my pushups after two and a half months, this should be a breeze for you. :thumbsup:

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 02:08:12 PM »
Thanks charlie :)

A couple years ago I joined Bally's and was able to stick to a routine for about 6 months, but it was more of a pure strength program than I am looking for now.  I got a lot stronger, but I've decided to be vain and do it so I can look better as well :)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 03:55:20 PM »
My wife and I just raked and bagged 13 bags of leaves, and we have covered 1/8 of my yard.  Jesus.

salvelinus

• Founders
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 05:23:03 PM »
Mulch & compost. Or get a leafblower and give them to your neighbor.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 05:59:05 PM »
Tomorrow I'm going to mow and mulch the stuff the rake didn't get

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 10:03:29 PM »
Biggest Loser: Entropysink Edition?

I'd be in.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 11:48:41 PM »
I'm in. I start at 186lb (84kg).

It's by percentage, right?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 12:56:33 AM »
Biggest Loser: Entropysink Edition?

I'd be in.
I'm in. I start at 186lb (84kg).

It's by percentage, right?
Lets do it by straight poundage so I can smoke ya'll :D

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 03:55:08 PM »
I'm not strictly going for weight loss,  more fat loss.  If you guys want to do it though, I'd be game.  Please make another thread for it though.

Raked a ton more leaves yesterday, otherwise did not do much

Today

2-Nov   DB  Bench   3x6x60   good weight
   Incline Bench   2x6x35   more weight
   Dips   2x6x10   move up soon
   Cable Flies   2x6x110   way more weight

I really think my diet is going to become a problem on this, as it has in the past.  Typically I eat very clean and well until dinnertime, since I'm either famished or pressed for time or both.  I'm really bored of the grilled chicken/green beans/rice meal.  I need another few easy, healthy, tasty meals for dinner.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 04:03:29 PM »
I'm not strictly going for weight loss,  more fat loss.  If you guys want to do it though, I'd be game.  Please make another thread for it though.

Raked a ton more leaves yesterday, otherwise did not do much

Today

2-Nov   DB  Bench   3x6x60   good weight
   Incline Bench   2x6x35   more weight
   Dips   2x6x10   move up soon
   Cable Flies   2x6x110   way more weight

I really think my diet is going to become a problem on this, as it has in the past.  Typically I eat very clean and well until dinnertime, since I'm either famished or pressed for time or both.  I'm really bored of the grilled chicken/green beans/rice meal.  I need another few easy, healthy, tasty meals for dinner.
How do you feel about fish?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 04:08:06 PM »
I like fish quite a bit, but my wife isn't a fan.  I pan fried some turbot in olive oil last week and she liked that well enough, though.

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 11:23:34 PM »
>>I'm not strictly going for weight loss,  more fat loss.  If you guys want to do it though, I'd be game.  Please make another thread for it though.<<

Post dleted - was meant in good humour, but I don't want to steal your thunder.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 06:21:29 AM »
> Post dleted - was meant in good humour, but I don't want to steal your thunder.

No I don't mean you, I meant the biggest loser thing.  I posted this so you guys could actually put pressure on me :)