Author Topic: CloudFoundry  (Read 2511 times)

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
CloudFoundry
« on: September 03, 2012, 11:35:06 PM »
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
Re: CloudFoundry
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 02:08:01 AM »
Made you guys a silly "Hello World" app...

I went through a session at VMWorld where they demonstrated their open source Platform as a Service offering.  It was pretty neat what the guy delivered in a 60 minute session. Those of you that are good at Java apps might find some value...  I am going to try to learn Spring/Eclipse.

http://betazep.cloudfoundry.com/
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 08:48:59 AM »
I will have to check this out when im back on my laptop.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 12:12:23 PM »
SpringSource also supports Groovy/Grails... and CloudFoundry will run them.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 12:56:34 PM »
What is the main point of something like this? I'm trying to understand it in an intelligent fashion. It seems to me the primary purpose is to make developing application must faster and simpler which can't be good for those of us going after a BA in this field lol.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 02:29:07 PM »
No... it is a new "service"  that allows you to not need to invest in web servers, application servers,  and databases to do your development work. It is a free playground.
A place where you can test out your development with a real DNS URL... with the ability to easily integrate amd deploy from an Eclipse Java IDE. Or Sinatra... or Groovy... etc.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 03:17:02 PM »
No... it is a new "service"  that allows you to not need to invest in web servers, application servers,  and databases to do your development work. It is a free playground.
A place where you can test out your development with a real DNS URL... with the ability to easily integrate amd deploy from an Eclipse Java IDE. Or Sinatra... or Groovy... etc.

Ooooh ok. So this is something i will likely use when i get to java