Author Topic: can someone else with firefox tell me if this application works correctly?  (Read 2375 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
I built an application the other day loosely based on a script I found at dhtmlgoodies.com.  It's worked fine all weekend while I was building it and then I went to use it at work today and it started to suck big time.  I realized it wasn't just my script but the original demo app does it too at: http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/image-crop/image-crop.html

I'm using firefox 2.0.0.12 at both home and work.

At work on firefox, I can't seem to use the drag/resize and it actually sucks-up close to 100% of my CPU processing, even when idol. 

IE 6 and 7 are both fine on both my home and office computers

What happens when you use it?

Thanks!!!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
Re: can someone else with firefox tell me if this application works correctly?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 07:31:01 PM »
Seems to work, except that it says ImageMagick isn't installed so I don't get any meaningful results (just a demo image)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 08:08:03 PM »
thanks!
i narrowed down the problem to a javascript that was running every 2-miliseconds in a hidden div.  It was a problem at work because my crappy computer could processes the looped task so frequently.
When I modified the script to not run that process it solved my problem.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 09:51:53 AM »
IIRC certain versions of FF had a bug that caused delays in scripts to not run for the full amount of time.  Something like it'd wait 2 milliseconds instead of 2 seconds.