Author Topic: Building a workbench (of sorts)  (Read 2061 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Building a workbench (of sorts)
« on: June 27, 2008, 01:57:41 PM »
No idea wtf to put this so here it is. Has anyone here taken a show at building their own workstation rack?

Clicky

I dont need the shelves to adjust as i am just making the keyboard/mouse slider table, the main table, and the monitor(s) shelf. I was thinking thick PVC for the frame because its fairly cheap, and wheels on the bottom.

I cant find a desk that really offers what i want, and these things are f'n costly for what they are imo. Need a rolling solution for testing/fixing computers and holding the data recovery setup.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Building a workbench (of sorts)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 11:57:49 PM »
You guys arent even man enough to build a workbench, thats just sad.....
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 11:10:21 AM »
Sorry, all the furniture I build is stationary. Just starting building my new entertainment center last weekend. Still need to get back to the new desk I started building a month ago, but now I'm going to scrap it for another design.

Doesn't IKEA have some sort of table like that that you could throw some wheels on and call it good?
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 02:16:29 PM »
maybe i have to go look. Building this is really the same as what your doing just adding wheels. And wheel locks....