Author Topic: 100 Pushups  (Read 46494 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: 100 Pushups
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2009, 08:50:31 PM »
Headache and sinus pain is all I've got. It's annoying but a tylenol cold twice a day is good enough.

And I even remembered to do my workout today. :woot:

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2009, 09:23:41 PM »
Go Charlie Go!

RoD?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2009, 09:41:30 PM »
Dude I slept over 14 hours today and I'm not getting better. That's all I care about right now
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2009, 09:49:28 PM »
I'm going on three weeks with this cold I have. Thought I had shaken it last saturday and then it came back worse then ever. Don't know about you but every joint I have hurts, my heads ready to explode, sunlight is painful and I'm congested with a sore throat and chest.

If I take any more medication I'm gonna be a coma patient.
Probably swine flu. And medication only makes colds/flu last longer

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2009, 10:05:51 AM »
My boss was all in a panic over that swine flu :lol:

Honestly, i dont know what it is. It started like allergies, but now its a stuffy nose, migranes, sore throat, ear ache, chest pains with a caugh, itchy eyes, and stomach pains.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2009, 10:07:41 AM »
Been to a doc yet?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2009, 11:25:05 AM »
Been to a doc yet?

I refuse to seek any medical attention unless i have bone shooting through the skin, and thats under protest. What is a doctor going to do? Yep your sick! Take tylenol, get plenty of rest and drink lots of water. That'll be 400.00 please!

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2009, 11:38:11 AM »
Been to a doc yet?

I refuse to seek any medical attention unless i have bone shooting through the skin, and thats under protest. What is a doctor going to do? Yep your sick! Take tylenol, get plenty of rest and drink lots of water. That'll be 400.00 please!

I mostly agree with that sentiment.

A couple years ago my wife got a migraine while at work.  She'd never had one before and was a little freaked out by the fact that it hurt so bad and made her nauseous.  Her boss told her to go to the Emergency Room (and actually drove her there) -- an hour later, while she was still waiting in the ER for some one to see her, I showed up. I said, "this is ridiculous, why are we in the ER for a headache?"  So I called her Primary Physician who basically told her to "Take 4 Tylenol and go to bed"

She did.  And felt fine several hours later.

Got us out of a $150 co-pay at the ER and god-knows how much insurance paperwork.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2009, 11:56:03 AM »
I spent the first two weeks of the cold ignoring it and maintaining my normal 24/7 work schedule hopped up on allergy meds and nyquil. Thats why i still have it, and now im dialed back.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2009, 11:56:25 AM »
There are reasons to go to the doctor. I'm not sure a cold or a headache are great reasons. If you have a primary doctor and insurance with a small co-pay, then you don't have to wait for the bone to come through skin to see one, though.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2009, 12:25:32 PM »
No insurance

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2009, 12:49:05 PM »
You're employed full time now right?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2009, 01:06:14 PM »
if you're sure its just a cold or virus then there's probably not much a doctor's gonna do for you.  But, that said, you still need to take care of yourself so you can get better.  Get some bed rest, drink plenty of fluids, etc.   Do some google research on when a cold isn't a cold.

If you think you have something like strep throat then you need to go to a doctor.  You don't need insurance.  Just go to a walk in clinic. It'll cost you a hundred bucks.  Maybe two hundred.  But that's actually a pretty good deal.

Think about it, schmucks like me pay that much every month just to have insurance coverage.  You get to pocket the money you earn and just pay for health care when you need it.  So long as you don't get cancer or end up in a bad car wreck, you're in a pretty good situation.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2009, 01:40:09 PM »
You're employed full time now right?

Yea but this isnt the kind of industry that carries insurance or anything like that. Everyone is 1099

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2009, 02:00:15 PM »
if you plan on working in this line for a while... you might want to look into setting yourself up with an HSA.  Instead of sending money off to an insurance company every month to cover premiums, sock it away tax free for when you need it.  Keep your own money but still be prepared for medical costs down the road.