Nothing & Everything > Open Discussion

big brother

(1/4) > >>

Jake:
A couple weeks ago I took the kids to the Chicago Auto Show. I was really impressed with the Hyundai Palisade - their new three row SUV. To the point I would consider it as my next car. Anyway, I talked about it with my wife, and with my friend over g-talk. I went on cars.com to see what is available as well - I do not have an account there. that was within a day or two of the actual show. Nothing more after that. A couple days ago I get a mailer from Hyundai about the Palisade. WTF? I did not fill anything out, I haven't owned a Hyundai for almost 20 years. Coincidence?

jkim:
 :tinfoil: A mailer from Hyundai Hyundai or a Hyundai dealer?

ober:
You realize that there are enough tracking cookies on you at all times that they can figure out who you are and cars.com probably has deals with all the major car brands, right?  It's not some wizardry.  It is just the evolution of tracking. 

Along these lines, my wife was using snapchat not long ago and for some reason we were talking about outlets while she was using the app.  The very next day or maybe even the same day, there was a filter for an outlet face.  Motherfuckers listening in does bother me but fascinates me at the same time.  This is why I don't have a smart speaker in my house (I have one that I got for free but it's not plugged in).

Jake:

--- Quote from: jkim on February 21, 2020, 04:46:06 PM --- :tinfoil: A mailer from Hyundai Hyundai or a Hyundai dealer?

--- End quote ---

Hyundai hyundai

KnuckleBuckett:

--- Quote from: Jake on February 21, 2020, 04:20:02 PM ---A couple weeks ago I took the kids to the Chicago Auto Show. I was really impressed with the Hyundai Palisade - their new three row SUV. To the point I would consider it as my next car. Anyway, I talked about it with my wife, and with my friend over g-talk. I went on cars.com to see what is available as well - I do not have an account there. that was within a day or two of the actual show. Nothing more after that. A couple days ago I get a mailer from Hyundai about the Palisade. WTF? I did not fill anything out, I haven't owned a Hyundai for almost 20 years. Coincidence?

--- End quote ---

One of the nicest vehicles on the road for the form factor.  FYI there is a Hyundai sponsored YT channel that watches what you eat for lunch. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version