Author Topic: Winter is coming....  (Read 2301 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Winter is coming....
« on: November 11, 2013, 09:08:21 AM »
Fuck....So....you midwestern folk...what do I need to put in my car?  I already have a good scraper/brush thingy...I know I need more though...with the caveat that I don't have much storage in my apartment for excess....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Winter is coming....
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 09:21:42 AM »
Umm.... what else would you need?  Maybe a mini shovel?  I only have a scraper/brush in my car, but I also have a garage.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 09:32:35 AM »
I've got a garage...so I'm not super worried about stuff...underground...when it was under 30 a few weeks ago it was still 71 in my car in the morning.  Best extra rent money ever.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 10:06:04 AM »
71??  Why the fuck do you need a heated garage?  My garage is maybe 45 in the winter.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 10:44:00 AM »
You need to make sure you're anti freeze is in good condition. If it is diluted it can freeze and crack your block. In warm climates some people just use water, that won't fly in Chicago!

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 11:10:23 AM »
Space blanket and a AAA membership

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 11:58:49 AM »
Ooooo good call on the AAA and antifreeze - I need an oil change so I'll ask them to check it - (in other words they'll change it).  New wiper fluid too I suppose?

Obes - it's a building garage - directly beneath my apartment building.  Probably houses a couple hundred cars (2 levels...).  The bedrock keeps it warm.  I don't think they've even turned on the heaters in it yet...plus the thermostat is just sitting on a wall by my car - I haven't touched it, but I'm not complaining...

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 12:19:02 PM »
you should keep some sand/rocksalt/non-clumping kitty litter in your trunk for when you get stuck.  A small shovel too.  If you're not used to driving on slippery roads during a snow squall you will slide off the road into the a snow bank at least once. 

Remember, when making a turn, be sure to slow down way in advance. If you're making a sharp turn, like a 90degrees on to another road, come to a complete stop first.  Also, if you're already going slow it may be better to downshift your car to further slow down instead of hitting the breaks.  Oh and assume that every other driver is going to crash into you, that way you'll remember to keep your distance and at an intersection, make sure all the other cars are stoping and not sliding when you start to go.  If you do find yourself sliding through an intersection, the polite thing to do is wail on your horn and smile at the other drivers.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »
pussy
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.