Author Topic: Wimbledon  (Read 2968 times)

Phil

• Best friends with Mr Donkey
  • Jackass III
Wimbledon
« on: June 25, 2008, 12:23:29 PM »
Not sure if anyone else is into tennis much but I'm a big Nadal fan and I think this could be his year. He pissed all over Federer at Roland Garros so this is easily his best chance ever.

As for the women, now that Henin has retired Ivanovic must be the favourite but you can never discount the Williams sisters at wimbledon.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Wimbledon
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »
I've been rooting for Federer to get the Grand Slam for a while now. I'm more of a fan of his than Nadal, but I wouldn't mind seeing one of them finally beat the other when they were the underdog. I'll probably root for Federer if they both make the finals again. Last year's match was a good one.

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 05:14:45 PM »
I have been watching it a bit this year. Federer rules the grass, I don't think Nadal can handle him on it.. just like Feds can't handle Nadal on clay. Mario Ancic is making a bit of a run, wouldnt be surprised if he meets Federer in the semis, last player to beat him on grass.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 12:30:27 AM »
So the women's final was good enough... the men should be up in a few hours. I'm hoping it's a tense one.

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 11:44:27 PM »
I watched the second half of the men's final.. Nadal and Federer hit some incredible shots. Federer just couldn't break Nadal and thats what cost him the match!

Phil

• Best friends with Mr Donkey
  • Jackass III
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 06:46:20 AM »
Awesome!! I've been playing and watching tennis for 20 odd years and that's the best quality tennis I've ever seen. Almost 5 hours of it too. Nadal just kept coming at him again and again and even the mighty Federer couldn't hold him off forever.

Fuckin superb!!

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 10:53:45 AM »
Well shit that was great. I'm glad I recorded it. I had to leave after the fourth set to go to a barbecue and thank god nobody told me who won (and thank god I recorded an extra three hours beyond the scheduled end). Stayed up til midnight after we got home to watch the fifth set. I was rooting for Federer but I seriously don't mind because that was good stuff.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 10:59:08 AM »
I caught the women's, but not the men's :(

Also Venus had some of the worst backhanded complements ever after she beat Serena

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 11:24:33 AM »
I caught the women's, but not the men's :(

That sucks. Both had good storylines but the tennis was much better in the men's match and there was a ton of drama.

McEnroe was cracking me up with all the gushing ("this is the best match I've ever seen here at Wimbledon" over and over). He cut the interview short with Federer and gave him a hug because he thought Roger was about to cry.

Cshot

• Jackass III
  • Green Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 02:41:06 PM »
man that was an epic match, definitely going to be a classic

now it's only fair nadal lets federer win the french next time heheh...although i think federer's best chance is for someone else to knock off nadal on the way to the finals