Author Topic: Accord vs Civic (yes more car talk)  (Read 1933 times)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Accord vs Civic (yes more car talk)
« on: August 28, 2010, 02:48:45 AM »
So here's the deal, our '97 Nissan Quest is on its last legs.  For those wondering whatever happened, the dealer couldn't push our request through fast enough before the program ended so we kept our "clunker."  Recently it stalled in the middle of town and wouldn't turn back on.  We got the fuel pump or something like that replaced but our mechanic noted that we'd probably have to replace a couple of other things within a few months totaling way more than the car's value.

SOO now looking for other cars.  Initial thoughts are towards the Civic or Accord because they're easiest to go with.  What I need is a pro/con list for whatever model you would feel comfortable giving to your mom (even though I will likely be driving it most often) or any other suggestions.  I think our biggest concern after safety is mileage.

btdubs, we normally buy new cars.  Our price range is probably <23k, and we'd probably like to buy it before it starts snowing.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Accord vs Civic (yes more car talk)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 12:18:20 PM »
I would get a Fit before a Civic any day. Accords are nice but you should include the Fit in your comparisons. It is more roomy and more fun to drive and well within you price range. And I'm averaging over 36mpg.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 05:01:57 PM »
So here's the deal, our '97 Nissan Quest is on its last legs.  For those wondering whatever happened, the dealer couldn't push our request through fast enough before the program ended so we kept our "clunker."  Recently it stalled in the middle of town and wouldn't turn back on.  We got the fuel pump or something like that replaced but our mechanic noted that we'd probably have to replace a couple of other things within a few months totaling way more than the car's value.

SOO now looking for other cars.  Initial thoughts are towards the Civic or Accord because they're easiest to go with.  What I need is a pro/con list for whatever model you would feel comfortable giving to your mom (even though I will likely be driving it most often) or any other suggestions.  I think our biggest concern after safety is mileage.

btdubs, we normally buy new cars.  Our price range is probably <23k, and we'd probably like to buy it before it starts snowing.
My mom had an Accord that I inherited and then passed onto my sister-in-law's mother.  So no problem recommending an Accord.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:53:01 PM »
Not bad cars, but the FiT (during our short comparison) blew it away in every way.