Author Topic: My Next Guitar  (Read 2460 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
My Next Guitar
« on: October 09, 2005, 01:00:34 AM »
I stopped at the local guitar boutique yesterday and I think I've found my next guitar. I'm going to look into getting a Goodall 12 fret parlor. I really liked the one I played (this one). I'm thinking of getting one pretty similar but with walnut back and sides a blank fretboard and possibly a soft cutaway if I can get it that way. I was simply amazed at how great this guitar played and sounded. I really like the smaller cuddly guitars but they tend to have less volume and tone but this one sounded better than most of the guitars in the shop, and it was so huggable! The only tricky thing about the guitar is the 12 fret option. I do play above the 12th fret a bit and it gets a little bit tight up there. My dad is a big Goodall fan (he's got two so far) so he thinks I should order one when I get a new job as sort of a celebration. I'd be thinking of selling one of my Breedlove's and maybe even my Lowden for this one, we'll have to see but Breedlove should help fund the purchase if I decide to go for it.
This signature intentionally left blank.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
My Next Guitar
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 12:28:57 AM »
OK, so after some thinking, I don't think the Goodall is going to be my next guitar. I am going to look into ordering one but in the meantime I think I'm going to try my hand at building one. I found this kit and I think I'm going to give it a whirl. If it goes well I'll try and build one from scratch. I talked with a few luthiers and they said kits aren't a bad way to start. Plus I've been looking for something to do with an empty part of my basement and a workshop might be kind of cool.

If anyone wants to place their pre-orders now let me know. I'll give you guys a great deal when I get famous. ;)
This signature intentionally left blank.

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
My Next Guitar
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 11:44:53 AM »
Well it sure is quite a difference in price :P, but I hope you have some fun building your own guitar.  Hopefully it sounds good after all the time you will take to put it together :)

Keep us updated on the project.