Author Topic: RIP  (Read 4594 times)

Ken Fitlike

• Jackass V
  • Ebeneezer McScrooge
RIP
« on: April 22, 2005, 04:16:05 PM »
Earlier this evening, after a brief yet brave struggle with my expanding gut-line, my favourite shirt passed away. We had been together for many years and I had been mostly faithful throughout that time, with only a brief flirtation with a cotton T-shirt and, during one very cold winter, a thermal vest marring our close relationship. While I had grown - mostly outwards - during our time together, my shirt hadn't and it was, perhaps, this shortcoming in it that was ultimately responsible for its sudden parting. When I think of the good times we had together - the meals and drinks we've shared - I'm at a loss; words simply cannot express how I feel about this tragedy. My wife introduced us, I think it may have been Christmas '03, maybe '02 and it was love at first sight. After that first meeting we were inseparable and spent most of our weekends together.

I'm pretty inconsolable just now but a friend of mine, who recently lost his own favourite shirt under similar circumstances, has given me a glimmer of hope. He told me that his own shirt was mysteriously and miraculously reincarnated three days after its demise as a cushion cover. I'm not religious but, still, I'd like to believe such things are possible. :(
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
RIP
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 04:36:51 PM »
Sorry to hear your loss, thats tough man. Do you have a picture of the deceased?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 04:40:16 PM »
Were the deceased wishes to be burried in the ground or was creamation the prefered method?

are we all invited to the funeral?

edit:: I was reading my post, and i don't think this is right: "deceased wishes" - does this mean, "dead wishes" or "the wishes of the dead". If the former, how should the latter be written?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
RIP
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 04:49:31 PM »
Having spent some time with your not so faithful shirt, i also feel your loss. It had a tocuh to my skin that will never be duplicated : (
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
RIP
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 05:31:05 PM »
Can you snap some pictures of the corpse? I am sure that it met with a most gruesome and fascinating end.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
RIP
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 05:39:06 PM »
Quote from: axon
Were the deceased wishes to be burried in the ground or was creamation the prefered method?

are we all invited to the funeral?

edit:: I was reading my post, and i don't think this is right: "deceased wishes" - does this mean, "dead wishes" or "the wishes of the dead". If the former, how should the latter be written?

u r dum

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
RIP
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 05:40:09 PM »
well "deceased's wishes" just doesn't sound good :p
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
RIP
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 05:48:01 PM »
hmmm....   "the deceased wishes to be..." works when "wishes" is a verb, so my original post should have read "did the deceased wish to be..." :D

and it turns out that "deceased's wishes" is perfectly ok as well.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
RIP
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 05:59:30 PM »
You think too much.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
RIP
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 06:08:30 PM »
Or maybe not enough.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
RIP
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 06:33:48 PM »
OMFG I CAN'T F'N BELIEVE YOU GUYS DISCUSSING SEMANTICS WHEN THE PORR GUYS SUFFERED SUCH A SAD LOSS YOU GUYS ARE SO F'N HEARTLESS!!1!

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
RIP
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 09:11:56 PM »
[Seinfield] Golden Boy is slowly dying! [/Seinfield]
i have a stationary fetish

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
RIP
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2005, 03:36:04 AM »
Dry your eyes, Nancy.

salvelinus

• Founders
RIP
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 04:38:33 AM »
Maybe shirt can have a shot on CSI, being examined for DNA & other fluids.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
RIP
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2005, 04:50:52 AM »
>>other fluids.<<

I think Ken's a bit past all that now don't you?