Author Topic: Adobe CS4  (Read 4631 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Adobe CS4
« on: February 04, 2009, 10:07:09 PM »
CS4 is basically CS3 with the same bugs and idiocies, and a few new ones tossed in for sport. Heres a quick review on the parts i have toyed with so far today:

Photoshop:

Seems about the same. It might be the comuter, but it seems faster to load then CS3 out of the box. I'm not impressed, but i dont understand even 1/3 of what this program can do. Also it seems harder to use, but i attribute most of that to my now being used to GIMP. I have downloaded GIMP :p

Dreamweaver:

Its actually gotten worse. Ugh. I used to tolerate DW unless i was working on code, because somtimes the drag/drop and slight modify method was great for smaller projects. But its just....horrid now. And really unstable.

Flash:

I fucking love it. I have always liked Adobe Flash, and CS3 was really cool and easy to use. 4 is faster, and easier to navigate imo.

All i used so far
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
Re: Adobe CS4
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 04:09:59 AM »
Wow. That's quite an expensive suite, no? Wish I could afford it :rolleyes:

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 08:59:38 AM »

I'm trying to get my company to buy me a copy....but it is hard to justify $1800 these days for anything...
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 10:08:31 AM »

We both know i didnt buy it.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 10:09:45 AM »
Yes. Yes we do. How come you're not using your new avatar <:mad:>

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 10:11:26 AM »
going thru the unread, just saved it and going to swap it in a sec

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »
Was that what you wanted? The top part of the circle lines up perfectly, but you can't see it because the bevel fades into the background. :(

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 10:26:45 AM »
Yea you got it pretty much right on. I suck with bringing two images together, thats why i pay a friend of mine to do graphics for me when i work on websites lol

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 04:56:39 PM »
I'm going to go back on what i said a bit. Dreamweaver CS4 is better then CS3. They have come a step in the right direction with the IDE as far as code goes. And i like that the editor now links the site with the css behind it. For example if i click on a div in the split view it will highlight the CSS that controls it. Nifty for big css documents like what im working on now. CS3 never did that (or it wasnt on by default).

I'm still not a big fan by comparison to other options but its helping me get work done in Vista so i wont knock it right now.

Bassy

• Red Panda
  • Jackass IV
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 06:22:06 AM »
I am still playing with Photoshop CS2 - does everything I want at the moment - i really really should make my way through some books on it though
People in bamboo houses shouldn't throw pandas

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 09:08:16 AM »
Yp until earlier last year I was still using PS7 :lol:

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 10:05:06 AM »

weren't you gonna send me a copy at one point?  I'd PoD (paypal on delivery) you any S&H expenses.
also, how come we're not facebook friends anymore?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 11:27:37 PM »

weren't you gonna send me a copy at one point?  I'd PoD (paypal on delivery) you any S&H expenses.
also, how come we're not facebook friends anymore?

Your right i totally forgot man. I'll grab it tonight and burn it in the morning or tomm night. Dont worry bout the shipping and stuff its no biggy, just pm your info again cause i prolly dont have it lol.

And i deleted FB and MS so dont take it personally lol

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 07:45:06 PM »
lol
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.