Author Topic: 2008 US Election Thread  (Read 132260 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
2008 US Election Thread
« on: July 21, 2008, 12:18:06 PM »
You know what, between the two i really think not only am i going to vote this time around, but im going to vote Obama. I mean it can change at anytime and i hate the options presented to us.

When it comes to taxes i agree with Howard Stern we need a president who will come in with like 50 accountants and just let them cram because our goverment is sloppy as shit with their funding. We pay enough in taxes, its the tax management thats the problem. We are bloated. Obama is going to raise taxes, i dont see any chance of him NOT raising taxes. But i think if anyone is going to make an actual effort to get the lazy welfare sucking loosers off their asses it will be him.

with the "war" its a no win situation but Mccain isnt going to take steps to get out. Hes going to be as bad as Bush in this department if not worse i think. Obama is smart enough to not just pull out and walk away, and smart enough to know we cant stay.

As to abortion, can we have an election that doesnt have this front and center? Mccain is an idiot. "If Obama knocked up Mccains daughter he would abot her himself". And its true, hes a hypocrit.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 09:14:24 PM by Govtcheez »
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Obama vs Mccain
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »
why do you think Obama would do anything about the "lazy welfare sucking loosers?"  Has he promised that or come up with any sort of plan?  If anything, the tax increases he'll propose will probably go to further fund such failed social programs.

I agree the war is a no-win situation, but I don't think Obama's going to be in any better position then McCain upon taking office.  Whoever gets into the oval office is going to see all the data and sit back and say "oh Shit."  If anything, Obama will look like the bigger duche because those who vote for him will be expecting the results that he can't produce.

As for your third point, you can't call someone a hypocrite just because you made up a hypothetical situation and determined the outcome yourself.  The thing is, abortion is a topic that a lot of people have very strong opinions on - and since the next president will probably be choosing two or three new Supreme court justices -- its important to know how they stand on the issues.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 12:35:24 PM »
Third point you got me, i just wanted to comment on it.

Obama has a very "take from rich give to poor" type mindset to him i think, but i really dont think he intends to give to the freeloaders. Some people geniunly need help, but alot of them are just bottom feeders. Now the following point is NOT intended to be racial, at all. In most of your project developments and lower class city housing situations the very large majortiy of the people are welfare sucking leeches. These people take the money from the goverment and literally get high. Their kids damn near starve half the time, and they INTENTIONALLY reproduce for the sole reason to get more drug money. Its true, its facts, and most people dont understand it because they dont see it first hand.

That being said MOST black people in a position of power had to work VERY hard to get there and really tend to truely hate people like im referring to. So i think Obama may really push for changes here because he literally despises the people. Something has to give.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 01:23:55 PM »
McCain is a douche: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html

He's not going to end the war, he's all about big business and he's only going to run this country further into the ground... that is... if he can even manage to live through his first term.  Granted, someone will take Obama out as well, so I'm just praying for a decent VP on both sides.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 01:26:44 PM »
You know i hadnt really looked at it that way LOL. You know i dont think anyone will kill Obama. Bunch of pussies, Mccain would get wacked tho lol

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 01:30:26 PM »
I don't think McCain will get whacked... I just think he's fucking old.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 01:47:11 PM »
Bush is pretty goddamn old and he made it

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 01:58:40 PM »
Bush is only 62.  McCain is fucking 72.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 01:59:55 PM »
what really?? Jesus christ i thought u had to be over 30 something but under a certain age to be president

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 02:54:43 PM »
you can't call someone a hypocrite just because you made up a hypothetical situation and determined the outcome yourself. 

You can't? Oh shit, I have a lot of apology emails to send out...

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 02:56:02 PM »
you can't call someone a hypocrite just because you made up a hypothetical situation and determined the outcome yourself. 

You can't? Oh shit, I have a lot of apology emails to send out...

POTD!

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 03:14:09 PM »
what really?? Jesus christ i thought u had to be over 30 something but under a certain age to be president
Someone paid a lot of attention in government/civics class

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 03:22:22 PM »
this is RoD

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 03:37:50 PM »
i dont think i took that class

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 03:44:30 PM »
>>But i think if anyone is going to make an actual effort to get the lazy welfare sucking loosers off their asses it will be him.<<

ROFLMAO.

Until the federal government starts instituting sharper time limits on welfare nothing will change.

Do you know that about 30% of my customers who are independent grocery store chains make most of their money from welfare lynk cards? seriously. And most of that is made from the 1st to the 5th of the month. The end of the month is dead. I've been to many of these store during "LYNK week" - as we term it in my company - and majority of the people who buy there blow their wad as soon as they get the fucking money. I simply think that people on welfare are content with their lifestyle - they don't need much, and they can get by on what they get for free as long as they don't have to work. If time limits (as well as family size limits) are not instituted and enforced this will never end.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.