Author Topic: Coronavirus COVID-19  (Read 65017 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19
« Reply #330 on: December 03, 2020, 10:04:33 AM »
the antibody test was a much better experience then trying to get the covid test. I went through labcorp (you've probably used them in the past for drug tests and such) - scheduling the appointment online was quick and easy. Only had to wait 2 days for an open slot. Went in yesterday at 2:15 - and was out at 2:22. Seriously. Results came in this morning at 7:30am. World class!

I did test positive for the covid antibodies. We will now do the same test for my wife and kids.

BTW, my sense of smell and taste is at about 50% still.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #331 on: December 03, 2020, 01:44:22 PM »
the antibody test was a much better experience then trying to get the covid test. I went through labcorp (you've probably used them in the past for drug tests and such) - scheduling the appointment online was quick and easy. Only had to wait 2 days for an open slot. Went in yesterday at 2:15 - and was out at 2:22. Seriously. Results came in this morning at 7:30am. World class!

I did test positive for the covid antibodies. We will now do the same test for my wife and kids.

BTW, my sense of smell and taste is at about 50% still.

OMG, so you died? LOL

We survived thanksgiving, driving to PA.  Its so weird to be hyper vigilant because you're on a trip. Like, normally we've become so complacent and haven't been washing our hands and sanitizing as much as we did last spring...but on this trip I brought Clorox wipes for rest area toilet seats and we sanitized our hands before getting back in the car every time we stopped. Other than a few potty breaks, we stayed out of public and only interacted with my parents.  A week later we're no worse for wear.

My kid's school went "full remote" for a couple weeks but just confirmed we're going back to the hybrid 2-days in-person plan starting next week.  Which makes sense as the last couple weeks cover the incubation period for all us irresponsible folks who traveled for thanksgiving.

I am SO over this.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #332 on: December 15, 2020, 09:21:19 AM »
So will you get the vaccine when it is available? Why or why not? And as a follow up question, do you regularly get the flu shot?

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #333 on: December 15, 2020, 09:29:02 AM »
My family will get it but I'm not in a hurry.  I'm fine waiting a few months to see how the data shakes out.

I have not historically gotten the flu shot but I have the past 2 years and will continue to do so.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #334 on: December 15, 2020, 10:23:57 AM »
Same as Ober. We'll get it once it's readily available, but we're not anxious to get it fast. I never used to get a flu shot, but after having kids I've been getting it every year.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #335 on: December 15, 2020, 10:25:54 AM »
Also, Ontario will issue proof of vaccination. Getting the vaccine is voluntary, but people who don't have it could face restrictions. https://globalnews.ca/news/7508640/ontario-to-issue-proof-of-coronavirus-vaccine/

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #336 on: December 15, 2020, 10:47:50 AM »
Same as Ober. We'll get it once it's readily available, but we're not anxious to get it fast. I never used to get a flu shot, but after having kids I've been getting it every year.

This is exactly the same answer for me, for both questions.
I got my flu shot earlier in the fall (its mandated for work now anyway...and my kids have to get it for school too)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #337 on: December 15, 2020, 11:48:34 AM »
When it's offered to me (I'm estimating within the month if supply chain is okay) I will be getting it. We will also be receiving proof of vaccination although I have no idea what it would be used for, cause it definitely doesn't mean you're exempt from current guidelines.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #338 on: December 15, 2020, 11:49:19 AM »
And yes, I've gotten the flu shot every year since working.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #339 on: December 15, 2020, 01:24:25 PM »
Just got my flu shot Sunday. We’ve been getting it every year since we had kids (although now I’d get it every year regardless just because it benefits others).

As for the COVID-19 vaccine, I'd get it today if I could... seems like there’s already enough data on safety versus benefit to ease my concerns. But unfortunately supplies are limited so since I’m low risk I’ll wait until other folks get theirs and more become available.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #340 on: December 15, 2020, 02:06:17 PM »
When it's offered to me (I'm estimating within the month if supply chain is okay) I will be getting it. We will also be receiving proof of vaccination although I have no idea what it would be used for, cause it definitely doesn't mean you're exempt from current guidelines.

Here they've been saying proof of vaccination could be a requirement for entrance to public events, like concerts etc...

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #341 on: December 15, 2020, 04:46:26 PM »
2 people I work with said today that they know people that got it today or are getting it tomorrow.  Both are healthcare workers.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #342 on: December 16, 2020, 05:57:38 PM »
Just a quick update: my wife and kids all tested positive for the covid antibodies. My kiddos pediatrician said that my son most likely had covid last Christmas when we ended up in the hospital because he couldn't breathe. She said he had a large amount of antibodies and that coupled with hardly any symptoms a few weeks ago points in that direction.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #343 on: December 16, 2020, 06:01:29 PM »
As for the vaccine, i doubt we will get it. We never get the flu shot and this is not any different. It would be a huge intrusion of rights if the government made the covid vaccine mandatory to conduct business, access certain places, etc.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #344 on: December 16, 2020, 11:19:34 PM »
Lol, why am I not surprised that this selfish motherfucker over here says he's not taking the vaccine.

I'm shocked. Shocked!