Author Topic: U.S. Election 2012 (the one that matters)  (Read 95979 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: U.S. Election 2012 (the one that matters)
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2012, 09:08:23 PM »
There are lots of places to go to get "less-biased" reporting, and getting news from a couple different places makes it easier to avoid.

Googling can be bad or good depending on what you mean by multiple sources when you say, "look into the topics online from multiple sources".

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2012, 09:47:55 PM »
I get 99% of my news from NPR. They can say what they want, but their "unbiased" coverage is pretty center-left leaning :)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 10:26:03 AM »
Well, in addition to gun control laws and presidential hair styles as top election issues, don't forget defense against alien invasions!
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/americans-favor-obama-defend-against-space-aliens-poll-225920716.html

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Obamacare
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 09:51:08 PM »
Bah...Romney doesn't have a chance.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Re: Obamacare
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 10:13:13 PM »

You can't possibly believe that. Obama literally has no realistic chance of winning this election.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 10:19:25 PM »

You can't possibly believe that. Obama literally has no realistic chance of winning this election.

I do.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 10:59:46 PM »

Oh, I have to hear your reasoning behind this claim.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 11:13:33 PM »
Romney is going to be just like Kerry.  He'll look safe and bland and people will hate his opponent cause politics today is just a hater-aide game....but in the end he'll get his ass kicked by the incumbent.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2012, 07:41:50 AM »

Stop it.  Stop trying to sound smart.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 08:46:10 AM »

Stop it.  Stop trying to sound smart.

I'm not trying to sound smart. In fact if you guys are right then in just a short time here we will know it and all of my posts will look really stupid, which is the opposite of smart. It's just what I really believe. The minorities will, for the most part, vote for Obama. I don't want it to sound generalized such as if you are black you will vote Obama because that would not only be racist but completely ignorant. I just think the majority of the minority (lol) will vote for Obama.

The republicans, the gun owners, the racist lunatics and organizations (they suck but theres a lot of them), a vast majority of the religious crowd, anyone who supported McCain, pretty much all the members of the media, and so on are never going to support Obama.

Look we could go back and forth all day, I don't want it to become some sort of nasty thread or personal attacks I like being able to discuss things with you guys. The point I am trying to drive at is while it may be a close election Obama is not going to win. I don't even think it will be a close election.

We do need to hope that whoever gets in can find a way to get Congress back in a working order because we are fucked if things keep on this track.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 09:01:06 AM »
The republicans, the gun owners, the racist lunatics and organizations (they suck but theres a lot of them), a vast majority of the religious crowd, anyone who supported McCain, pretty much all the members of the media, and so on are never going to support Obama.

hmm.. you had me until you included the media in that list.  But anyway, I think its easy for anyone to get swept up in the opinions of their friends and families and not always see the big picture; like the journalist who, after Reagan won 49 states in 1984, exclaimed in shock, "How could that happen when I don't know a single person who voted for Reagan?"   If we look at only annicdotal evidence, its hard to judge where the true public opinion is.   If you're a young person who gets their world view from comedy central shows - then you think "everyone" thinks that way.  If you're an old fart who only watches Fox news, then you think "everyone" thinks the way that you do.

I do agree with you though that there is a good chance that Obama could loose.  Romney needs to just get all the states McCain had plus Florida, Ohio and any other 1 state that went to Obama.  Its not outside the realm of possibility and polls in those major swing states are pretty close at this point. 
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »
I'm including the media because I do not confine that simply to the major TV networks. There are thousands of reporters for newspapers, online media, etc that cannot stand Obama.

As for Florida, I have no clue how Obama won that state last time. I was living there at the time and while obviously what I saw and heard was but a fraction of the state, every day was talks about "how can the polls possibly show Obama favored in FL" or some variation there of. I have friends all over the state and not one of us could remember ever seeing a single Obama sign, sticker, shirt, or hearing any support for the man.

Now, it is entirely possible that people outwardly supported McCain but voted Obama in the privacy of the booth but it was still really shocking when he won FL.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 09:12:09 AM »
You are the journalist in micah's anecdote

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 09:56:05 AM »

Please stop making statements like that.  That's a total generalization and it is based on your personal opinions.  You present it like it is fact.

Out of the people I've talked to, most think Romney is a fucking joke.  For all Obama has done wrong, he's done a lot right too and people realize that.  Obama has a lot of steam behind him right now and I'd be surprised to see the swing states go to Romney. 

And you can say all you want about how people are pissed off at Obama but it doesn't really matter.  I had someone literally type out the words to me that Obama was basically the devil incarnate before the last election and that he was going to lead us into world war 3.

I'm not stupid enough to say that Obama will win easily or that he will win without a doubt, but I think that's more likely than Romney pulling it out.  I think the comparison to Kerry is a good one.